* Re: [dpdk-users] Can not forward the message in DPDK
       [not found] <938161962.5244930.1496853960239.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2017-06-07 16:46 ` Manoj Mallawaarachchi
From: Manoj Mallawaarachchi @ 2017-06-07 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manoj Mallawaarachchi, LOAN TON; +Cc: users

Hi Loan,

Please find the attached diagram, It's explain the physical connectivity. Hope this help. DPDK box run the basic forwarder app with physical NIC having 1 Gbps x2 slots.

So connectivity between INTERNET and Pc's transparent to PC & INTERNET.

Thank you,
Manoj M
On Wed, 6/7/17, LOAN TON <tont@usi.ch> wrote:

 Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] Can not forward the message in DPDK
 To: "Manoj Mallawaarachchi" <manoj_ws@yahoo.com>
 Cc: users@dpdk.org
 Date: Wednesday, June 7, 2017, 8:31 PM

 Hi
 Manoj,
 Yes,
 please describe them to me.Thank you
 Best
 Regards,Loan Ton
 On 7 Jun 2017, at 6:27 PM, Manoj
 Mallawaarachchi <manoj_ws@yahoo.com>
 wrote:
 Hi
 Loan,
 Yes,
 I manage my work with basic forwarder setup as bump in the
 wire. Now my forwarding working from pc to net and back.
 Working on multi core support and RSS now.

 If it help I can describe more detail
 to you.
 Thank
 you,Manoj
 Sent from Yahoo Mail for
 iPad

 On Wednesday, June 7,
 2017, 5:34 pm, LOAN TON <tont@usi.ch>
 wrote:Hi Manoj M,

 Have you solved your problem? I still
 stick on my case.

 Loan Ton
 wrote:

 > Hi Loan,
 >
 > Thanks for the
 message to group and sharing the information. I also doing
 small scale project similar  to this using DPDK forwarder
 app and as below scenario.

 DPDK forwarder ----> Internet

 > All connect via home
 router. I face same issue with client forwarding to DPDK app
 and to INTERNET and back. Still my objective not work,
 however I found below discussion will help to your scenario
 also.

 > http://dpdk.org/ml/archives/dev/2013-June/000237.html
 >
 > May be you need to
 integrate user space TCP/IP stack like ANS.

 > https://github.com/ansyun/dpdk-ans
 >
 > I'm also
 exploring possibilities to my requirement discussed
 below:

 > http://www.dpdk.org/ml/archives/users/2017-May/001922.html
 >
 > Hope my comments
 useful to get some idea.

 wrote:

 > Subject:
 [dpdk-users] Can not forward the message in DPDK
 > To: users@dpdk.org
 > Date: Wednesday, May
 24, 2017, 7:50 PM

 > Hi all,
 >
 > I am a newbie with
 DPDK. I am doing a
 > small project as following.
 >
 > I have three
 components such as client
 > (one or many), one transporter
 and one server. The
 > transporter and server are in
 DPDK. I use switch to
 > connect  three components
 together and add rule to
 > forward the message between them.
 The message passing from
 > client and transfer to
 transporter and then to server. The
 > server receives the message ,
 opens it and reads some
 > information and responds to
 client and repeats again. One
 > client sends a message to
 transporter and server. At the
 > transporter, it only increases
 the id of message and then
 > pass the message to the server.
 Only when receiving message
 > from server, client just sends
 another one message. Besides,
 > after one second, the client have
 not received the message
 > from the server. It will send a
 new message to the
 > transporter and server. The life
 cycle runs forever until i
 > terminate the application.
 >
 > Model:    Client
 ->
 > Transporter
 (DPDK) -> Server (DPDK)

 > My problem here is
 the client (for

 example 30 clients) sends a message to transporter. The
 > transporter forwards
 message to server. But the server does
 > not receive any message from the
 transporter.
 checked some information in my
 > transporter, the server and also
 the switch device (port 30
 > is belong to the transporter,
 port 28 is belong to the
 > server). I discovered that when
 the switch showed err = 2,
 > over =2 in the port 30 of the
 transporter, the server have
 > not received any message from the
 transporter (just my
 > thinking, not sure). (You can see
 some below photos)
 > Or I guessed that I
 did something wrong in the
 > transporter’s code.
 > Besides, I also run
 some experiments

 with different the amount of clients in 15 seconds,
 > sometimes the system
 works, sometimes not.

 > Have anyone met such
 case? Please help

 me to figure out where the error come from. I would be
 > grateful for any
 help

 > I attach some photos
 of transporter,

 server, switch info and  the transporter's code
 because
 > maybe I
 was doing wrong about txbuffer or rte_mbuf.

 > Best Regards,
 > Loan Ton
 >
 > Here are photo
 links
 with 30 clients: http://imgur.com/a/dQ5ss <http://imgur.com/a/dQ5ss>
 clients: http://imgur.com/a/WkhBR <http://imgur.com/a/WkhBR>
 clients: http://imgur.com/a/MEPPA <http://imgur.com/a/MEPPA>

 > I tested the case
 with 15 clients, one
 clients: http://imgur.com/a/VXHZb <http://imgur.com/a/VXHZb>
 clients: http://imgur.com/a/ed4Pj <http://imgur.com/a/ed4Pj>

 > Transporter’s
 code: http://codepad.org/I4eDSll3 <http://codepad.org/I4eDSll3>
* Re: [dpdk-users] Can not forward the message in DPDK
@ 2017-06-07 16:31       ` LOAN TON
From: LOAN TON @ 2017-06-07 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manoj Mallawaarachchi; +Cc: users

@ 2017-06-07 16:27     ` Manoj Mallawaarachchi
From: Manoj Mallawaarachchi @ 2017-06-07 16:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: LOAN TON; +Cc: users

 blockquote, div.yahoo_quoted { margin-left: 0 !important; border-left:1px #715FFA solid !important;  padding-left:1ex !important; background-color:white !important; }  Hi Loan,
Yes, I manage my work with basic forwarder setup as bump in the wire. Now my forwarding working from pc to net and back. Working on multi core support and RSS now.

If it help I can discribe more detail to you.

@ 2017-06-07 13:34   ` LOAN TON
From: LOAN TON @ 2017-06-07 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manoj Mallawaarachchi; +Cc: users

       [not found] <657316633.418770.1495792167450.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2017-05-26  9:49 ` Manoj Mallawaarachchi

 Date: Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 7:50 PM

 Hi all,

@ 2017-05-24 15:50 LOAN TON
From: LOAN TON @ 2017-05-24 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

[...]

I checked some information in my transporter, the server and also the switch device (port 30 is belong to the transporter, port 28 is belong to the server). I discovered that when the switch showed err = 2, over =2 in the port 30 of the transporter, the server have not received any message from the transporter (just my thinking, not sure). (You can see some below photos)  Or I guessed that I did something wrong in the transporter’s code.