From: "Wu, Jianyue (NSB - CN/Hangzhou)" <jianyue.wu@nokia-sbell.com>
To: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: [dpdk-users] [dpdk-18.05] DPDK didn't add VLAN tags when use mbuf->ol_flags |= PKT_TX_VLAN_PKT;
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 10:05:45 +0000

Hi,

Is there anyone know this issue, that DPDK didn't add VLAN tags, I confirmed PKT_TX_VLAN_PKT is set before rte_eth_tx_burst. Could you help give a hand about this issue? Thanks indeed:)

Background:
Simplified traffic flow is like this: Sender XEON X552 eth1 vf 0 -> Receiver XEON X552 eth1 vf 0.
Our requirement is to configure DPDK to support one VLAN ID, and with multiple priorities 0~7.

Current configuration is:
VLAN offload:
                  vlan_offload = rte_eth_dev_get_vlan_offload(port_id);
  vlan_offload &= ~ETH_VLAN_STRIP_OFFLOAD;
  vlan_offload &= ~ETH_VLAN_FILTER_OFFLOAD;
  vlan_offload &= ~ETH_VLAN_EXTEND_OFFLOAD;
  if (0 != rte_eth_dev_set_vlan_offload(port_id, vlan_offload))
Spoof off, trust on:
          vf 0 MAC 02:40:43:80:01:39, spoof checking off, link-state auto, trust on, query_rss off

Test scenarios:
Send packet from XEON A X552 to XEON B X552, capture packet in XEON A X552, seems no VLAN tag seem.
Did I miss something in my configuration?

Thanks indeed in advance!

Best Regards,
Dave(Jianyue)