* [dpdk-users] pktgen run.py error: Config file 'default' not found
@ 2018-07-17  6:09 Zhao Chang
From: Zhao Chang @ 2018-07-17  6:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

 Hi, I want to run pktgen on my VMware virtual machine. I followed Getting
Started with Pktgen
<http://pktgen-dpdk.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started.html> and when
I executed  run.py it shows an empty list of config files. Then I trid to
execute the instructions on the doc, I got an error says "Config file
'default' not found".

root@ubuntu:/home/chang/pktgen-dpdk/tools# ./run.py
>>> sdk '/home/chang/dpdk', target 'x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc'
*** Pick one of the following config files

Configurations:
   Name             - Description
   ----               -----------
root@ubuntu:/home/chang/pktgen-dpdk/tools#  ./run.py -s default
>>> sdk '/home/chang/dpdk', target 'x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc'
*** Config file 'default' not found
Configurations:
   Name             - Description
   ----               -----------

But in fact, the configuration file does exist in /pktgen-dpdk/cfg

root@ubuntu:/home/chang/pktgen-dpdk/cfg# ls
bond.cfg          default.cfg     pktgen-1.cfg      server_mif.cfg
client_memif.cfg  half-bond.cfg   pktgen-2.cfg
client_mif.cfg    many-cores.cfg  server_memif.cfg

My system is Ubuntu 18.04 installed on VMware. I've tried to re-clone the
code, re-compile dpdk and pktgen, tried to install it on another machine,
but got the same error.

Thanks in advance!

* Re: [dpdk-users] pktgen run.py error: Config file 'default' not found
@ 2018-07-17 14:18 ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2018-07-17 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zhao Chang; +Cc: users

> On Jul 16, 2018, at 11:09 PM, Zhao Chang <zhaochang206@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, I want to run pktgen on my VMware virtual machine. I followed Getting
> Started with Pktgen
> <http://pktgen-dpdk.readthedocs.io/en/latest/getting_started.html> and when
> I executed  run.py it shows an empty list of config files. Then I trid to
> execute the instructions on the doc, I got an error says "Config file
> 'default' not found”.

change directory to cd .. then do ./tools/run.py -s default

I need to change the code to find the cfg directory, but we do not have a environment variable to the pktgen directory tree :-(

> root@ubuntu:/home/chang/pktgen-dpdk/tools# ./run.py
> *** Pick one of the following config files
>
> Configurations:
>   Name             - Description
>   ----               -----------
> root@ubuntu:/home/chang/pktgen-dpdk/tools#  ./run.py -s default
> *** Config file 'default' not found
> Configurations:
>   Name             - Description
>   ----               -----------
>

> But in fact, the configuration file does exist in /pktgen-dpdk/cfg
>

> root@ubuntu:/home/chang/pktgen-dpdk/cfg# ls
> bond.cfg          default.cfg     pktgen-1.cfg      server_mif.cfg
> client_memif.cfg  half-bond.cfg   pktgen-2.cfg
> client_mif.cfg    many-cores.cfg  server_memif.cfg
>
> My system is Ubuntu 18.04 installed on VMware. I've tried to re-clone the
> code, re-compile dpdk and pktgen, tried to install it on another machine,
> but got the same error.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Keith