From: Huai-En Tseng <the@csie.io>
To: sohail.eic06g@nctu.edu.tw
Cc: users@dpdk.org
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] IGB_uio driver issue
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 18:36:00 +0800	[thread overview]

Hi Anjum,

Interface bound to uio driver can't be managed by kernel anymore.

Therefore you can't use OS network tools to get the interface information.

When DPDK application starts, it will show uio bound interfaces in order.

e.g.

EAL:   Invalid NUMA socket, default to 0
EAL: Probe PCI driver: net_ixgbe_vf (8086:10ed) device: 0000:06:00.0 (socket 0)
EAL:   Invalid NUMA socket, default to 0
EAL: Probe PCI driver: net_ixgbe_vf (8086:10ed) device: 0000:07:00.0 (socket 0)

The 0000:06:00.0 device is the first interface DPDK uses and 0000:07:00.0 is the second.