* [dpdk-users] i40e : Transmit rate limit control
@ 2019-01-28 11:19 terry.montague.1980
From: terry.montague.1980 @ 2019-01-28 11:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi All,

Is anyone working on some way of implementing transmit rate limit
control in the i40e driver ?

I realise the X**710 Intel chip implements queue sets, where the tx
queues can be assigned to a queue set and the set given an overall
transmit rate - so its not as simple as the ixgbe PMD driver.  Is there
a simplistic way of assigning just a single tx queue to a single queue
set and setting its transmit bandwidth through set_queue_rate_limit ?

Many thanks

Terry

* [dpdk-users] i40e : Transmit rate limit control
@ 2019-02-08 12:02 ` terry.montague.1980
From: terry.montague.1980 @ 2019-02-08 12:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi there.

Please can I ask this question again , as no-one replied.

Having transmit rate limiting at 25Gbe/40Gbe for the Intel i40e driver
(710 based cards) would be extremely useful for some applications.

Does anyone have any thoughts on achieving this or is it on the roadmap
for i40e ?

Many thanks

Terry

Hi All,Is anyone working on some way of implementing transmit rate limit
control in the i40e driver ?I realise the X**710 Intel chip implements
queue sets, where the tx queues can be assigned to a queue set and the
set given an overall transmit rate - so its not as simple as the ixgbe
PMD driver.  Is there a simplistic way of assigning just a single tx
queue to a single queue set and setting its transmit bandwidth through
set_queue_rate_limit ?Many thanksTerry

* Re: [dpdk-users] i40e : Transmit rate limit control
@ 2019-02-08 16:11   ` Wiles, Keith
From: Wiles, Keith @ 2019-02-08 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: terry.montague.1980; +Cc: users

> On Feb 8, 2019, at 6:02 AM, terry.montague.1980@btinternet.com wrote:
>

> Hi there.
>
> Please can I ask this question again , as no-one replied.
>
> Having transmit rate limiting at 25Gbe/40Gbe for the Intel i40e driver (710 based cards) would be extremely useful for some applications.
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts on achieving this or is it on the roadmap for i40e ?
>
> Many thanks

maybe include i40e maintainer in the email addresses then he may see the question. he email is in the maintainers file.

> Terry

Regards,
Keith