From: Dennis Montgomery <dmontgomery@juniper.net>
To: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: [dpdk-users] How do I enable netvsc with meson build?
Date: Tue, 18 May 2021 10:28:04 +0000

Hello DPDK community,

I’ve mislaid my copy of “Building DPDK with Meson for Dummies” and can’t figure this out: how do I enable the drivers/net/netvsc pmd with meson?  I’m finding that it’s disabled due to a missing dependency, but the dependency it claims to be missing… seems to be there?

Specifically it’s complaining about the vmbus driver.  That’s included in the meson.log snippet attached below, under “Drivers Enabled”/bus.  I’m lost.

Thanks for your help,

Dennis Montgomery

From meson.log:
Message:
=================
Libraries Enabled
=================

libs:
     kvargs, telemetry, eal, ring, rcu, mempool, mbuf, net,
     meter, ethdev, pci, cmdline, metrics, hash, timer, acl,
     bbdev, bitratestats, cfgfile, compressdev, cryptodev, distributor, efd, eventdev,
     gro, gso, ip_frag, jobstats, kni, latencystats, lpm, member,
     power, pdump, rawdev, regexdev, reorder, sched, security, stack,
     vhost, ipsec, port, table, pipeline, flow_classify, bpf,

Message:
===============
Drivers Enabled
===============

common:
     cpt, dpaax, iavf, octeontx, octeontx2, mlx5,
bus:
     dpaa, fslmc, ifpga, pci, vdev, vmbus,
mempool:
     bucket, dpaa, dpaa2, octeontx, octeontx2, ring, stack,
net:
     af_packet, ark, atlantic, avp, axgbe, bond, bnx2x, bnxt,
     cxgbe, dpaa, dpaa2, e1000, ena, enetc, enic, failsafe,
     fm10k, i40e, hinic, hns3, iavf, ice, igc, ixgbe,
     kni, liquidio, memif, mlx4, mlx5, nfp, null, octeontx,
     octeontx2, pcap, qede, ring, sfc, softnic, tap, thunderx,
     vdev_netvsc, vhost, virtio, vmxnet3,
raw:
     ioat, ntb, dpaa2_cmdif, dpaa2_qdma, octeontx2_dma, octeontx2_ep, skeleton,
crypto:
     caam_jr, dpaa_sec, dpaa2_sec, nitrox, null_crypto, octeontx_crypto, octeontx2_crypto, crypto_scheduler,
     virtio_crypto,
compress:
     octeontx_compress, qat,
regex:
     mlx5,
vdpa:
     mlx5, ifc,
event:
     dpaa, dpaa2, octeontx2, opdl, skeleton, sw, dsw, octeontx,

baseband:
     null, turbo_sw, fpga_lte_fec, fpga_5gnr_fec,

Message:
Content Skipped

libs:

drivers:
     common/mvep:    missing dependency, "libmusdk"
     net/ipn3ke:     missing dependency, "libfdt"
     net/netvsc:     missing dependency, DPDK VMBus driver
     raw/ifpga: missing dependency, "libfdt"

Juniper Business Use Only