* [dpdk-users] No probed ethernet devices. Does DPDK support BCM57810?
@ 2018-06-01  3:25 伍英華
From: 伍英華 @ 2018-06-01  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,
I am using NIC Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM57810 10 Gigabit
Ethernet 168e.

I bind igb_uio to the network device but got error when running testpmd:
========
# ./testpmd -c 3 -n 4 -- -i
EAL: Detected 32 lcore(s)
EAL: Multi-process socket /var/run/.rte_unix
EAL: Probing VFIO support...
EAL: VFIO support initialized
testpmd: No probed ethernet devices
Interactive-mode selected
========

Since the original driver is bnx2x, I checked the supported NIC:
http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/nics/bnx2x.html

and the PCI devices this driver supports:
http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk-stable/tree/drivers/net/bnx2x/bnx2x_ethdev.c#n24

I am confused that does DPDK support  BCM57810 ? Or QLogic 578xx only?

Regards,
Wu

* Re: [dpdk-users] No probed ethernet devices. Does DPDK support BCM57810?
@ 2018-06-01  4:20 ` 張敬昊
From: 張敬昊 @ 2018-06-01  4:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stud4063294; +Cc: users

Hi Wu,

Please take a look at
http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/nics/bnxt.html
and
http://dpdk.org/browse/dpdk/tree/drivers/net/bnxt/bnxt_ethdev.c#n95

It appears that  BCM57810 is not in the support list.

BR,
Frank

@ 2018-06-01  5:02   ` 張敬昊
From: 張敬昊 @ 2018-06-01  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stud4063294; +Cc: users

Hi Wu,

After a deeper inspection into bnx2x_ethdev.c, I realized 0x168e is
actually on the list.
Is it possible that you didn't set CONFIG_RTE_LIBRTE_BNX2X_PMD=y  in
config/common-base?
Try to recompile DPDK library with the above option enabled, perhaps
that'll solve your problem.

BR,
Frank