* [dpdk-users] HP NICs DPDK support
@ 2018-02-14 11:40 Yuri Axelrod
From: Yuri Axelrod @ 2018-02-14 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,
Do not see any HP NIC on the page for supported NICs.
Is HP supported, what NICs?
Regards,
Yuri

* Re: [dpdk-users] HP NICs DPDK support
@ 2018-02-21 17:59 ` James Bensley
From: James Bensley @ 2018-02-21 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuri Axelrod, users

On 14 February 2018 at 11:40, Yuri Axelrod <yuri_a@radwin.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Do not see any HP NIC on the page for supported NICs.
> Is HP supported, what NICs?
> Regards,
> Yuri

Hi Yuri,

There are no HP NICs listed here: http://www.dpdk.org/doc/nics

However, do you have an "actual" HP NIC or just a HP "branded" NIC? I
have some HP NICs in servers that are actually IntelX710 NICs branded
as HP. They work just fine for me without my needing to do/change
anything.

Also I have an "Intel Corporation 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection"
in my laptop. The 82579 range aren't under the list of support NICs
but they are similar in operation to some of the supported ranges. I
forced DPDK to use the NIC and it works fine for me:
https://null.53bits.co.uk/uploads/linux/applications/dpdk/Ubuntu-Laptop-DPDK-NIC-Bind.txt

Maybe you can do something similar.

Cheers,
James.