* [dpdk-users] COUNT action not supported on mlx5
@ 2020-07-27 18:11 Gerry Wan
From: Gerry Wan @ 2020-07-27 18:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello,

I'm trying to query per-flow statistics using RTE_FLOW_ACTION_TYPE_COUNT on
a Mellanox ConnectX-5 port. I tried extending the flow_filtering sample
application with:

struct rte_flow_query_count count = {
    .reset = 1,
    .hits_set = 1,
    .bytes_set = 1,
    .hits = 0,
    .bytes = 0,
};

// set attr, pattern, etc.

action[0].type = RTE_FLOW_ACTION_TYPE_COUNT;
action[0].conf = &count;
action[1].type = RTE_FLOW_ACTION_TYPE_QUEUE;
action[1].conf = &queue;
action[2].type = RTE_FLOW_ACTION_TYPE_END;

The call to rte_flow_validate() returns with -ENOTSUP, saying the flow
cannot be created because the count action is not supported. However, mlx5
documentation (https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/nics/mlx5.html#statistics)
states that it does indeed support attaching count actions. Without the
count action the flow rule configuration works fine.

I am using DPDK-20.05 and MLNX_OFED_LINUX-5.0-2.1.8.0, with a ConnectX-5
Virtual Function (could the VF be the issue?). What can be the cause of
this?

On a related note, is there any plan for mlx5 to support
RTE_FLOW_ITEM_TYPE_RAW?

* [dpdk-users] COUNT action not supported on mlx5
@ 2020-07-23 17:37 Gerry Wan
From: Gerry Wan @ 2020-07-23 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

[...]

states that mlx5 does indeed support attaching count actions. Without the