From: Gerry Wan <gerryw@stanford.edu>
To: users@dpdk.org
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] mlx5: packets lost between good+discard and phy counters
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 18:31:10 -0700	[thread overview]

After further investigation, I think this may be a bug introduced in DPDK
v20.11, where these "lost" packets should be counted as "rx_out_of_buffer"
and "rx_missed_errors". On v20.08 both of these counters increment, but on
v20.11 and v21.02 these counters always remain 0.

Any workarounds for this? This is an important statistic for my use case.