* [dpdk-users] DPDK Linux kernel version requirement
@ 2016-11-17 18:27 James Huang
From: James Huang @ 2016-11-17 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

Nice to join DPDK community.

read from DPDK system requirements for Linux
(http://dpdk.org/doc/guides/linux_gsg/sys_reqs.html)

  Kernel version >= 2.6.34

I'd like to know if there is any reason to block DPDK build and run on
older kernel version, i.e. 2.6.32, as carried on CentOS 6. where
gcc=4.4.

Could we just keep our CentOS 6 64bit x86_64 OS and continuing running
32bit applications with DPDK injected.

or, there are good reasons *must* upgrade to CentOS 7, where
kernel=3.10.0, gcc=4.8, and re-build applications to 64bit as well?

Thanks a lot!

James