* [dpdk-users] Non-privileged access with DPDK - Info
@ 2019-05-03 15:18 Sruthi Yellamraju
From: Sruthi Yellamraju @ 2019-05-03 15:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

I am using DPDK 19.02/Linux kernel 4.4.0 and I understand that non-root
users cannot run DPDK on Linux Kernel 4.0+. I did come across this note in
GSG:

https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/linux_gsg/enable_func.html#running-dpdk-applications-without-root-privileges

I'd like to understand  more on what feature/limitation in Linux Kernel
4.0+ prevents non-privileged root access to physical memory. Any
background/links would be really appreciated.

Thanks,
Sruthi

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-05-03 15:18 UTC | newest]