* [dpdk-users] Zero Packet with 1024 rx desc on x710
@ 2019-04-18 21:28 Nishant Verma
From: Nishant Verma @ 2019-04-18 21:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi All,

I found one interesting issue with two set of NIC(X520 & X710) but don't
know the reason behind it. Please help me to explain what exactly is
happening here.

Case 1: On x520, when I am giving the RX descriptor as 1024, it's not
receiving any packets. There is no such huge traffic just arp and ping
packets. But with 1024 as descriptor it is not accepting a single packet.
But when I changed it to 1040, it starts working fine. Can anyone please
explain what exactly happened? Total mbuf i allocated was 8192.

Case 2: While in x710, if you use 1040 as rx descriptor, it won't let you
configure. So I change it to 1024 but here also I am not getting any packet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

BR,
Nishant

--
Rgds,
Nishant

* Re: [dpdk-users] Zero Packet with 1024 rx desc on x710
@ 2019-04-19 11:08 ` Nishant Verma
From: Nishant Verma @ 2019-04-19 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Just to update about the details of initial problem.
When I am saying giving RX descriptor as 1024, it means descriptor ring
size for Rx is 1024.

Thanks.

BR,
Nishant