From: Myth Ren <email4myth@gmail.com>
To: users@dpdk.org
Subject: [dpdk-users] Fwd: use VF in promiscuous mode in dpdk to receive all traffic received by PF
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2021 13:59:58 +0800

Hi, all
    is it possible we are mirror traffic from switch/router to PF, then a
program based on DPDK
read packet from a VF related to the PF, presume we are mirror the traffic
from PF to the VF (promiscuous),
while the PF device still managed by the kernel driver(if it's possible),
or managed by UIO driver.
at least, restart the DPDK based program will not influence the PF device
state.

    i have already read the the VFIO doc (
https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/linux_gsg/linux_drivers.html#vfio) and
test it, but not see what i want (maybe i mis-understood or take wrong
steps).

    if VFIO can do what i want? which device i should use, which version
kernel i should use, which driver i
should use?

    thank you