From: David Aldrich <david.aldrich.ntml@gmail.com>
To: users <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: [dpdk-users] How to build DPDK using Redhat Software Collection 7?
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 12:28:58 +0100

Hi

I am running DPDK 18.11 (LTS) on Centos 7. I have built it using gcc 4.8.5.

My application is built using Redhat Software Collection 7, i.e. gcc 7.3.1.

When I link DPDK to my application the linker complains of multiple symbol
definitions. Might I be right in thinking that this is caused by me
compiling DPDK with a different gcc version to that used for the
application?

Can anyone advise whether DPDK is compatible with Redhat Software
Collection 7 and, if so, how to build it with that toolset?

Best regards
David