From: David Aldrich <david.aldrich.ntml@gmail.com>
To: users <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: [dpdk-users] How to build dpdk with shared libraries?
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 17:46:26 +0100

I am using dpdk-stable-18.11.8 on Centos 7 with gcc compiler. I build dpdk
using:

usertools/dpdk-setup.sh option 15 'x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc'

This builds static libraries in:

x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc/lib

I want to use shared libraries. I believe the required setting is:

“CONFIG_RTE_BUILD_SHARED_LIB=y”

I tried setting that in: config/common_base and running option 15 again,
but the shared libs were either not built, or I can't find them.

What is the correct way to build dpdk shared libs using dpdk-setup.sh?