From: David Aldrich <david.aldrich.ntml@gmail.com>
To: users@dpdk.org
Subject: [dpdk-users] How to install DPDK kernel module?
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 15:33:30 +0100

I have installed dpdk 18.08 on a Centos 7 machine, which has the kernel
source installed.

I built dpdk using:

$ make -j T=x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc install
<snip>
Build complete [x86_64-native-linuxapp-gcc]
Installation cannot run with T defined and DESTDIR undefined

I want to interface dpdk to a HP NIC that uses the Intel X722 chipset. So I
then run:

$ /opt/dpdk/dpdk-18.08/usertools/dpdk-devbind.py -b igb_uio `lspci |
grep X722 | awk '{print $1}'`
Error - no supported modules(DPDK driver) are loaded

I think that this error means that the DPDK kernel module is not installed.

How can I fix this?