From: David Aldrich <david.aldrich.ntml@gmail.com>
To: users <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: [dpdk-users] Missing symbol 'rte_cpu_get_flag_enabled@@DPDK_2.0'
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2020 12:25:07 +0100

Hi
I have built a single shared library consisting of my code and multiple
dpdk libraries, using  dpdk-stable-18.11.8 on Centos 7 with the gcc
compiler.

When I link the library to my main.cpp I get linker error:

undefined reference to symbol 'rte_cpu_get_flag_enabled@@DPDK_2.0'

Now, I see:

$ nm librte_eal.so | grep cpu_get_flag_enabled
000000000002ec70 T rte_cpu_get_flag_enabled

so 'rte_cpu_get_flag_enabled' is present but
symbol 'rte_cpu_get_flag_enabled@@DPDK_2.0' is not present
in librte_eal.so.  So that explains the linker error.

What does the suffix '@@DPDK_2.0' indicate?

How would I build a dpdk library with such symbols?

Do I need librte_eal2.so?

Best regards
David