* [dpdk-users] DPDK in VirtualBox 6.1
@ 2020-07-09 7:08 Bing Yuan
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Bing Yuan @ 2020-07-09 7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
I'm setting up DPDK in Virtualbox 6.1. Here is what I did:
1. Host OS: Windows 10 Pro 2004
2. Virtualbox 6.1
3. Guest OS: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS (Desktop version)
4. Guest OS Spec: 4 CPU + 8GB memory + 3 NICs (one for normal connection,
the rest two are reserved for DPDK
5. Installed all the prerequisites on ubuntu
6. In guest os or ubuntu, downloaded and extracted DPDK-19.11.3 (LTS) to
7. Ran "cd ~/work/dpdk-19.11.3 && sudo ./usertools/dpdk-setup.sh"
8. From the menu, followed the instructions to build, setup hugepage,
insert "igb_uio" module, bind the two nics (virtualbox emulated Intel
100/1000 Desktop) to "igb_uio"
9. ran "testpmd" from the menu
At this step, I encountered the following issues:
1. I got messages like "IRQ 16, nobody cared";
2. check link status timeout without any result (no indication whether the
link status was up or down)
3. no packet being exchanged between the ports after entering "start" in
the testpmd prompt.
4. "show port stats all" always shows 0 packet being transmitted between
Has anyone seen a similar issue? And can I even use virtualbox or similar
virtual environment for DPDK related development work?
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-07-09 7:08 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-07-09 7:08 [dpdk-users] DPDK in VirtualBox 6.1 Bing Yuan
DPDK usage discussions
This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:
git clone --mirror https://inbox.dpdk.org/users/0 users/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 users users/ https://inbox.dpdk.org/users \
Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git