Hi, I am running the DPDK version: 21.08.0 and Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS. I have an application that uses KNI to interface with the kernel. I want to replace it with virtio_user ports as KNI will be deprecated in the future. Most of the functionality I am able to replace but there is one thing I am struggling with. In KNI we can add functions that will be called in case the network stack makes a request. The following code shows this: struct rte_kni *kni; struct rte_kni_conf conf; struct rte_kni_ops ops; struct rte_eth_dev_info dev_info; int ret; /* Clear conf at first */ memset(&conf, 0, sizeof(conf)); conf.core_id = 0; memset(&ops, 0, sizeof(ops)); ops.port_id = ppo->id; ops.config_promiscusity = ippe_ppo_set_kni_promiscuous_mode; ops.change_mtu = ippe_ppo_set_kni_mtu; ops.config_network_if = ippe_ppo_set_kni_interface; ops.config_mac_address = ippe_ppo_set_kni_mac_address; kni = rte_kni_alloc(pktmbuf_pool[0], &conf, &ops); And there is a handle_request function supplied by KNI that calls these functions when need be, I haven't found any documentation on how to replace this functionality. I am no expert in how to set up and interact with the kernel stack, Some help on how to achieve this would be appreciated.