From: Lego Lin <lego.lin@gmail.com>
To: users@dpdk.org
Subject: [dpdk-users] Memory consumption of struct rte_ring
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 11:02:17 +0800

Hi, everyone:

I am new for DPDK. Recently, I leveraged the DPDK library to address some
performance issues.
1. rte_ring
2. rte_rwlock_t

I have some questions
1. For rte_ring, what is the exact memory consumption?
    Example: I want create a rte_ring with size = 512K
    struct rte_ring * myring = rte_ring_create("My_test", 512*1024,
SOCKET_ANY, MP_SC)
    Before I enqueue anything into ring, what is the exact memory
consumption of myring?

2. rte_rwlock_t
    Will rte_rwlock_t guarantee memory barrier? It looks like only protect
data from thread accessing.