* [dpdk-users] Intel Xeon D-2100 i40e Latency
@ 2018-09-27  2:10 Gregory Bayard
From: Gregory Bayard @ 2018-09-27  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

I would expect Ethernet packet latency improvements on in the Xeon D chips
with the onboard Intel Integrated Ethernet (X710/i40e) controller, but I
was able to run some DPDK tests (l3fwd) with one and the performance is
unremarkable compared to the NIC on the PCIe bus.  Any opinions as to
whether I should have expected this result or am I likely mis-configuring
the test and latency should be improved on the new Xeon D embedded chips
for SDN?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-09-27  2:11 UTC | newest]