* Large VF not supported on most of my Intel cards
@ 2022-06-24  8:41 Antonio Di Bacco
From: Antonio Di Bacco @ 2022-06-24  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

I have several different Intel ethernet cards. On each one I try the
following steps:

1) Enable 4 SRIOVs on one port
2) Bind the first VF with DPDK (sudo dpdk-devbind.py --bind vfio-pci
0000:xx:yy:z)
3) Launch a DPDK application that uses the VF and then calls:

rte_eth_dev_configure(port,
                              0, /* nb rx queue */
                              64, /* nb tx queue */
                              &ethconf) < 0);

rte_eth_dev_set_mtu(port, 9600);

for (i = 0; i < NB_TX_QUEUES; i++)
    rte_eth_tx_queue_setup(port,
                                            i,
                                            4096,  /* queue size */
                                            cpus->numacore,
                                            &txconf);

I always get a "Large VF not supported error" for these cards:
* XXV710 for 25GbE SFP28  (firmware-version: 8.70 0x8000c3eb 1.3179.0)
* X710/X557-AT 10GBASE-T

but these cards ARE working fine:
* 82599ES 10-Gigabit SFI/SFP+
* E810-C for QSFP

Consider I installed latest intel drivers on my LInux box:
* i40e-2.19.3
* iavf-4.4.2.1
* ice-1.8.9

Best regards

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-06-24  8:41 UTC | newest]