From: Ido Goshen <Ido@cgstowernetworks.com>
To: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: [dpdk-users] Is it possible to receive packets with bad CRC?
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2020 16:55:43 +0000

Hi

By default bad CRC packets are dropped and raise the ierror counter.

Is there a way to change this behavior for I350 (igb) and rx it by the app?

I’ve tried setting DEV_RX_OFFLOAD_KEEP_CRC but this doesn’t help (I think this only keeps CRC for good packets)
I’ve also tried enabling the Store Bad Packet (not sure what it does but it’s the closet I could find) by setting in e1000/igb_rxtx.c
rctl |= E1000_RCTL_SBP;  E1000_WRITE_REG(hw, E1000_RCTL, rctl);
Didn’t help either.

Is it possible to do with I350?
Or with any of the other intel NICs? X522 (ixgbe) or X710 (i40e)?

Thanx,

  *   Ido