From: "Wiles, Keith" <keith.wiles@intel.com>
To: Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>,
	"users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] Pktgen port mapping error
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 17:24:41 +0000

You should pick a lcore that is on the same socket as the NIC (socket 0). It appears that lcore 1 is on socket 1. Please use the cpu_layout.py script in the DPDK tools directory to determine which lcores to use.

From: users <users-bounces@dpdk.org> on behalf of Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, April 2, 2021 at 11:37 AM
To: users@dpdk.org <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: [dpdk-users] Pktgen port mapping error
Hello,

When I run pktget using the command line:

sudo pktgen -l 0-1 -n 3 -- -P -m 1.0

I get the following error:

PANIC in pktgen_main_rxtx_loop():

*** port 0 on socket ID 0 has different socket ID on lcore 1 socket ID 1

I have just one port on my machine. Please help me understand what I might
be missing here.

Thanks,
Danushka