From: "Wiles, Keith" <keith.wiles@intel.com>
To: Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>,
	"users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] Pktgen with dynamic rate limiting
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2021 16:04:32 +0000

From: users <users-bounces@dpdk.org> on behalf of Danushka Menikkumbura <danushka.menikkumbura@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 30, 2021 at 10:11 AM
To: users@dpdk.org <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: [dpdk-users] Pktgen with dynamic rate limiting
Hello everyone,

I need to use high-throughput traffic generation, while being able to
control rate based on an input received from another process. Please let me
know how I can achieve this. Does pktgen have provisions for something like
that?
[Keith] Not sure I am fully following you, but Pktgen can be controlled over a socket using the -G/g option. In the readme I have couple examples, but may not be exactly what you want.
                "  -g address   Optional IP address and port number default is (localhost:0x5606)\n"
                "               If -g is used that enable socket support as a server application\n"
                "  -G           Enable socket support using default server values localhost:0x5606 \n"
Hopefully this will work for you.

Thank you!

Best,
Danushka