From: Shreyansh Jain <shreyansh.jain@nxp.com>
To: "longtb5@viettel.com.vn" <longtb5@viettel.com.vn>,
	Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net>
Cc: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2018 11:05:30 +0000	[thread overview]

This is what I do:

2. You have three options:
 a) Either select all patches (you will need to register/login) in a series and add to "bundle" and download that bundle as mbox
 b) Select individual patch and look for "download patch" or "download mbox" link and manually download them.
OR, one I use most frequently:
 b) Copy the link to patch (for example, http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/36473/) and append "mbox" to it (http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/36473/mbox)

Then,

$ wget <link or mbox file> -O - | git am

One can easily make a script which can do the steps (1)>(2b) above based on a given patch ID (last integer in the link to patch).

Maybe there is a better and efficient way - this is just what I do. :)

> The contributor guideline only has sections for submitting patches to
> the mailing list, not pulling and applying patches for local testing.
> I know of dpdk patchwork but there are no instructions provided.

Maybe you can go ahead and send across a patch for a method you find best and efficient.
Others can add their way/suggestions and I am confident Thomas would be happy to accept a documentation improvement patch.

-
Shreyansh