From: Anand Gupta <anand.gupta@keysight.com>
To: "Wiles, Keith" <keith.wiles@intel.com>
Cc: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] DPDK-PKTGEN crashes when using Jumbo frame in AWS EC2
Date: Wed, 5 May 2021 11:54:23 +0000

Hi Keith,

I found the root cause for the problem " requested Tx offloads 0x8000 doesn't match Tx offloads capabilities 0xe" in EC2 instances.
The DPDK ENA driver does not have "DEV_TX_OFFLOAD_MULTI_SEGS" TX offload capability in TX offloads capabilities and in Pktgen when Jumbo frame is enabled, the TX-offload adds " DEV_TX_OFFLOAD_MULTI_SEGS".

Is "DEV_TX_OFFLOAD_MULTI_SEGS" necessary when the Jumbo frame is enable in the Pktgen or can we first check if the Device supports the offload or not and then add " DEV_TX_OFFLOAD_MULTI_SEGS"?

What is the mechanism of "DEV_TX_OFFLOAD_MULTI_SEGS" when enabling Jumbo frames?

Thanks,
Anand