From: Renata Saiakhova <renata.saiakhova@ekinops.com>
To: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>,
	Bruce Richardson <bruce.richardson@intel.com>
Subject: [dpdk-users] Compiling 32-bit dpdk with meson in 64-bit container
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 15:54:13 +0000

Hi all, hi Bruce,

I have an issue to compile 32 bit dpdk (version 20.08) with meson in a 64-bit container.
As I can see from meson.build, it deducts the arch from the cc sizeof:

dpdk_conf.set('RTE_ARCH_64', cc.sizeof('void *') == 8)

The attempts to workaround it and set RTE_ARCH_64 to false gives good values in build/rte_build_config.h:

#define RTE_ARCH i686
#undef RTE_ARCH_64
#define RTE_ARCH_I686 1
#define RTE_ARCH_X86 1
#define RTE_CACHE_LINE_SIZE 64

but, nevertheless, dpdk is compiled for 64 bit and not for 32 bit.

Before, with make build system, RTE_ARCH_ values defined arch and compilation flags for x86 (like -m32 for i686), but with meson it seems to be more complicated?
Is there a way to compile 32 bit dpdk (version 20.08) with meson in a 64-bit environment?

Kind regards,
Renata