* [dpdk-users] expose kni interface on VM to host
@ 2021-04-11  2:17 Quanren Xiong
From: Quanren Xiong @ 2021-04-11  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi all,

I have successfully installed DPDK on a Linux guest VM, which is launched
by VirtualBox on a Mac host.

After running the kni Example Application on my VM by following DPDK kni
example guide
<https://doc.dpdk.org/guides/sample_app_ug/kernel_nic_interface.html>,  I
am able to assign an IP address to it by doing "ip addr add dev vEth0_0 192
.168.56.103". And the VM has another NIC with IP address 192.168.56.101.
The host has an interface 192.168.56.1.  I can ping .101 from the host, but
NOT .103 from the host.

Any idea how to make pinging the kni interface(.103) work?  Or the kni
interface is different and is meant not to work?

thanks
xiong

* Re: [dpdk-users] expose kni interface on VM to host
@ 2021-04-12 14:47 ` Renata Saiakhova
From: Renata Saiakhova @ 2021-04-12 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Quanren Xiong, users

Hi Quanren,

how does your routing table look like in VM?
I can see you assign KNI interface address from the same network as for another NIC, can you try with an address from the different subnet? If KNI interface IP address is used just as IP point (in your example) it might create collisions in routing table.
Can you run tcpdump on any of your interfaces?

Kind regards,
Renata