From: Narcisa Ana Maria Vasile <Narcisa.Vasile@microsoft.com>
To: "Wiles, Keith" <keith.wiles@intel.com>
Cc: "users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>,
	"Kevin Daniel (WIPRO LIMITED)" <v-kevdan@microsoft.com>,
	Omar Cardona <ocardona@microsoft.com>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] Running Pktgen with Mellanox CX5
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2021 00:08:39 +0000	[thread overview]

Thanks for the quick reply! Just to clarify, the libmlx4 doesn't get installed when installing the latest Mellanox drivers.
Instead, the libmlx5 is installed, which I believe is the right one to use with Cx5s.

It looks like pktgen needs libmlx4 to run, so does this mean that it is only working with older Mellanox tools and NICs?
I could try install the libmlx4, but my understanding was that libmlx4 is for Cx3s and libmlx5 is for Cx4s and Cx5s.