* [dpdk-users] Can I use OVS-DPDK as a ToR software switch ?
@ 2019-01-17 16:49 Mona ElSaadawy
From: Mona ElSaadawy @ 2019-01-17 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hi,

I'm a kind of new to DPDK and I have a project to build using software switch(OVS). So on a commodity server, I deployed OVS_DPDK and added two DPDK supported NICs as a ports to that OVS-DPDK. I need this switch to route the packets between two application components running on two different physical nodes. However, I always got connection failed as OVS_DPDK can't handle L3 forwarding between these two application components. So Is there any solution to this problem?. I only see people use DPDK traffic generator and testdump with OVS-DPDK, isn't feasible to use OVS-DPDK to route the traffic between the components of any other kind of applications?.

Another question, is it possible to enable vxlan in OVS-DPDK ?. If yes, do you have any tutorials?. If no, is there any work around?.

Mona

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-01-17 16:49 UTC | newest]