From: David Christensen <drc@linux.vnet.ibm.com>
To: users@dpdk.org
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] Problem with dpdk vf pollmode driver - Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation XL710/X710 Virtual Function
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2020 09:44:53 -0700

On 9/2/20 10:26 PM, Venumadhav Josyula wrote:
> We have SR-IOV, we have few virtual functions mapped to an vm. We have
> seeing link issues, after we started dpdk based application we are seeing
> following

Ensure that VF link state is set appropriately.  The following "ip"
command allows you to control whether the VF link follows the physical
function link state, is always up, or is forced down (your system might
be configured for the "down" state):

ip link set <pf> vf <vf_index> state auto|enable|disable

Try enabling "auto" or "enable" on the host and see if that helps.

Dave