From: Tom Barbette <barbette@kth.se>
To: John Alexander <John.Alexander@datapath.co.uk>,
	"users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] Transmit Completion
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2021 17:22:12 +0100

Le 02/03/2021 à 11:26, John Alexander a écrit :
> The reclaim cycle works fine when I'm continually sending, when I pause or stop sending, I never get my mbufs back so I'm wondering what the preferred way of achieving this is?

This is not something you want as most drivers reclaim buffers in
batches for performance reasons. If you want to ensure a buffer is
reclaimed right away you would need to do some garbage collection. Most
NICs do not even ring a doorbell/update completion flags for every
transmitted packets, so you would not know when they're sent exactly
right away.

If it's lazy re-claim, I guess it's not a problem?