* [dpdk-users] cryptodev - thread, cryptodev, session, queue-pair mapping .
@ 2017-05-24  7:23 Srinivasreddy R
From: Srinivasreddy R @ 2017-05-24  7:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev, users

Hi All,

I have multiple ports,multiple hardware queues. so multiple threads are
polling on single port .
I am using multiple crypto devices ,each crypto device has max of 8
queue_pairs.

when i add a SA , i need to create a session on a crypto device.

can some suggest how can i maintain a mapping between thread , crypto
session ,crypto device , crypto queue_pairs .

thanks
srinivas

* Re: [dpdk-users] [dpdk-dev] cryptodev - thread, cryptodev, session, queue-pair mapping .
@ 2017-05-24  8:47 ` Sergio Gonzalez Monroy
From: Sergio Gonzalez Monroy @ 2017-05-24  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Srinivasreddy R, dev, users

Hi,

There are different ways you can do this.

You have an approach in examples/ipsec-secgw where each thread/lcore
uses a hash table for the device/queue mapping for the crypto algorithms
combinations (key).
The session is 1:1 to SA, so it just keeps a pointer in the SA struct.
This holds true in the context of the example given that each SA has to
be processed by a single core, which means in a device.
If you were to do something more complex, like processing the same SA
across multiple crypto PMDs, you would need to keep a mapping of each
device's session for the same SA.

You may be interested in the following change for the next release where
the same session could be used by multiple devices:
http://dpdk.org/dev/patchwork/patch/24091/

Thanks,
Sergio