* [dpdk-users] can not Rx packet: X710 + PCIe pass through (device assignment to VM, not SRIOV PF) + DPDK 16.11
@ 2018-02-02  3:11 Xiao, Xiaohong (NSB - CN/Shanghai)
From: Xiao, Xiaohong (NSB - CN/Shanghai) @ 2018-02-02  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: users

Hello
Does anyone has the success experience to work with Intel X710 like this:
Intel X710 enthernet port, using libvirt to assign the port to a VM (ie, PCIe device passthrough,  not SRIOV PF), and use DPDK to rx/tx packets in VM.

This is the X710 ports showed on VM:
b0:00.0 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller X710 for 10GbE SFP+ (rev 01)
b0:00.1 Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Controller X710 for 10GbE SFP+ (rev 01)

Is this PCIe pass-through + DPDK 16.11 mode can not work with X710 (i40e driver)? In the past, this mode works with Intel 82599 chip.
Now we did not change the mode, and  the application code we used to configure port/queue of X710 is just exactly the same as the one we used to configure 82599 port.
That's to say, same working way, same application code, we just replaced our NIC cards  then it works well for 82599 (driver ixgbe), but not work for X710.
Can you suggest how to solve this issue? Following is the driver info of i40e we used.

#ethtool -i eth2
driver: i40e
version: 1.6.27-k
firmware-version: 5.60 0x800033b0 1.1752.0
expansion-rom-version:
bus-info: 0000:00:0e.0
supports-statistics: yes
supports-test: yes
supports-eeprom-access: yes
supports-register-dump: yes
supports-priv-flags: yes

What else information do you need so that you can help to identify the issue? Thanks.

Thanks
Xiao

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-02-02  3:11 UTC | newest]