From: "JieSong" <songj@zctt.com>
To: "Ido Goshen" <Ido@cgstowernetworks.com>,
	"users@dpdk.org" <users@dpdk.org>
Subject: Re: [dpdk-users] Is it possible to receive packets with bad CRC?
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2021 11:44:10 +0800

Hi Ido,
&nbsp; &nbsp; I have the same question as yours, I want to get all the packets even the CRC/FCS error packet.
&nbsp; &nbsp; Without DPDK I set the nic with "ethtool -K rx-all on", Then i can tcpdump all the packets both good and error packets.
&nbsp; &nbsp; But I have no ideal with DPDK. Did you find something for this question?&nbsp;

Thanks

Jie

&nbsp;
&nbsp;
&nbsp;
------------------&nbsp;Original&nbsp;------------------
From: &nbsp;"Ido Goshen"<Ido@cgstowernetworks.com&gt;;
Date: &nbsp;Mon, Dec 14, 2020 00:56 AM
To: &nbsp;"users@dpdk.org"<users@dpdk.org&gt;;

&nbsp;

Hi

By default bad CRC packets are dropped and raise the ierror counter.

Is there a way to change this behavior for I350 (igb) and rx it by the app?

I’ve tried setting DEV_RX_OFFLOAD_KEEP_CRC but this doesn’t help (I think this only keeps CRC for good packets)
I’ve also tried enabling the Store Bad Packet (not sure what it does but it’s the closet I could find) by setting in e1000/igb_rxtx.c
rctl |= E1000_RCTL_SBP;&nbsp; E1000_WRITE_REG(hw, E1000_RCTL, rctl);
Didn’t help either.

Is it possible to do with I350?
Or with any of the other intel NICs? X522 (ixgbe) or X710 (i40e)?

Thanx,

&nbsp; *&nbsp;&nbsp; Ido