DPDK website maintenance
* [dpdk-web] Membership and subscription
@ 2018-08-16  6:17 Yaroslav Brustinov (ybrustin)
From: Yaroslav Brustinov (ybrustin) @ 2018-08-16  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: web

I would like to be able to send patches and receive personal notifications (on patch status update, comments etc.), but do not want to receive common mails about all DPDK patches.
Is that possible to achieve? If not, could you add some flag in options of website?

Thanks,
Yaroslav.

* Re: [dpdk-web] Membership and subscription
@ 2018-08-16  7:53 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2018-08-16  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yaroslav Brustinov (ybrustin); +Cc: web

Hi,

16/08/2018 08:17, Yaroslav Brustinov (ybrustin):

Are you referring to some wording from the website?

> I would like to be able to send patches and receive personal notifications (on patch status update, comments etc.), but do not want to receive common mails about all DPDK patches.
> Is that possible to achieve?

It is not possible.
Like mailing lists of other projects, it is expected that contributors
are interested in work from other contributors.
Usually, we use a filtering rule when receiving emails, based on List-id,
in order to sort mailing lists in special folders.
I advise to disable the "nodup" option of the mailing list in order
to receive mails addressed to you with and without the List-id,
so you keep a copy of the mail in your inbox.

> If not, could you add some flag in options of website?

What do you mean by "flag in options"?

* Re: [dpdk-web] Membership and subscription
@ 2018-08-16  8:28   ` Yaroslav Brustinov (ybrustin)
From: Yaroslav Brustinov (ybrustin) @ 2018-08-16  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: web

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

> Like mailing lists of other projects, it is expected that contributors are interested in work from other contributors.

I've just fixed some typo in code :)
Unfortunately I don't have time to review the work of other contributors.
Also, I'm connecting (sometimes) via phone to work, and cellular Internet bandwidth is slow/limited.
Currently I'm using Outlook rules to filter non-relevant messages, but they are still being downloaded.

> I advise to disable the "nodup" option of the mailing list in order to receive mails addressed to you with and without the List-id, so you keep a copy of the mail in your inbox.
> What do you mean by "flag in options"?

I mean that it would be good to have additional option (like "nodup" you mentioned and "total disable of mail delivery"), to receive only personal-related mails.
(http://mails.dpdk.org/options/dev)

Thanks,
Yaroslav.

@ 2018-08-20  9:13     ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2018-08-20  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yaroslav Brustinov (ybrustin); +Cc: web

16/08/2018 10:28, Yaroslav Brustinov (ybrustin):
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> > Like mailing lists of other projects, it is expected that contributors are interested in work from other contributors.
>
> I've just fixed some typo in code :)
> Unfortunately I don't have time to review the work of other contributors.
> Also, I'm connecting (sometimes) via phone to work, and cellular Internet bandwidth is slow/limited.
> Currently I'm using Outlook rules to filter non-relevant messages, but they are still being downloaded.

I understand.

> > I advise to disable the "nodup" option of the mailing list in order to receive mails addressed to you with and without the List-id, so you keep a copy of the mail in your inbox.
> > What do you mean by "flag in options"?
>
> I mean that it would be good to have additional option (like "nodup" you mentioned and "total disable of mail delivery"), to receive only personal-related mails.
> (http://mails.dpdk.org/options/dev)

You can disable delivery of all mails (first option named "Mail delivery",
internally known as "nomail").
So you will receive only direct mails when you are an explicit recipient.