DPDK website maintenance
* [dpdk-web] Request to have IRC channel information
@ 2018-09-10  9:49 Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2018-09-10  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: web; +Cc: Thomas Monjalon, Trishan de Lanerolle

There is a #dpdk IRC channel on freenode.net

We request from maintainers/developers to be available there and use it as an
communication channel. But there is no IRC relation information in web page at all.

Can we have it in web page? Not quite sure where it exactly fit in?

Thanks,
ferruh

* Re: [dpdk-web] Request to have IRC channel information
@ 2018-09-10 11:46 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2018-09-10 11:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ferruh Yigit; +Cc: web, Trishan de Lanerolle

10/09/2018 11:49, Ferruh Yigit:
> There is a #dpdk IRC channel on freenode.net
>
> We request from maintainers/developers to be available there and use it as an
> communication channel. But there is no IRC relation information in web page at all.
>
> Can we have it in web page? Not quite sure where it exactly fit in?

The question is to know whether the IRC room is only for DPDK or all related projects?
My opinion is that other related projects can have their own IRC channel.
That's why I suggest to add this information in core.dpdk.org, maybe here?
	https://core.dpdk.org/contribute/

* Re: [dpdk-web] Request to have IRC channel information
@ 2018-09-11  7:45   ` Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2018-09-11  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: web, Trishan de Lanerolle

On 9/10/2018 12:46 PM, Thomas Monjalon wrote:
> 10/09/2018 11:49, Ferruh Yigit:
>> There is a #dpdk IRC channel on freenode.net
>>
>> We request from maintainers/developers to be available there and use it as an
>> communication channel. But there is no IRC relation information in web page at all.
>>
>> Can we have it in web page? Not quite sure where it exactly fit in?
>
> The question is to know whether the IRC room is only for DPDK or all related projects?
> My opinion is that other related projects can have their own IRC channel.
> That's why I suggest to add this information in core.dpdk.org, maybe here?
> 	https://core.dpdk.org/contribute/

I recognized while checking for this, we have two contribute pages:
https://www.dpdk.org/contribute/
https://core.dpdk.org/contribute/

And two techboard pages:
https://www.dpdk.org/about/governance/#techboard
https://core.dpdk.org/techboard/

What would you think to unify them?

* Re: [dpdk-web] Request to have IRC channel information
@ 2018-09-11 10:51     ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2018-09-11 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ferruh Yigit; +Cc: web, Trishan de Lanerolle

11/09/2018 09:45, Ferruh Yigit:
> I recognized while checking for this, we have two contribute pages:
> https://www.dpdk.org/contribute/
> https://core.dpdk.org/contribute/

Yes, information is duplicated.
Given that most of it applies only to the core project, I think we should
remove the duplication and replace the content with some links.

On the page https://www.dpdk.org/contribute/ we can try to do a summary
about what is common to all dpdk.org projects: license, git, emails and bugzilla.
The main interest of this page is to show the mailing lists.

> And two techboard pages:
> https://www.dpdk.org/about/governance/#techboard
> https://core.dpdk.org/techboard/

The first one has already a link to the second one:
	"The main DPDK project has a list of maintainers and a Technical Board."

So I think we can remove the "Technical Board" section from this page,
given this board is related only to the DPDK core project.

I would also suggest to rename "The main DPDK project"
to "The DPDK core project".