DPDK website maintenance
* Re: project hosting request
       [not found]   ` <81DEE121-A170-4B5D-8C1F-9075EB3438AB@baidu.com>
@ 2022-01-12 10:09     ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2022-01-12 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peng,Jianzhang; +Cc: techboard, Ma, Hongwei(TechMgt), web, Jill Lovato

OK thanks for the details.
Then we need the Linux Foundation team to list your project in the ecosystem page.
Jill, please could you help?

+Cc web@dpdk.org

12/01/2022 04:32, Peng,Jianzhang:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thank you for your comments.
>
> dperf is a DPDK based network load tester. It has a super fast and tiny tcp stack and suitable for stateful load test. It has been widely used inside Baidu.
>
> High Performance. It can generate huge traffic with a single x86 server:tens of millions of HTTP CPS,hundreds of Gbps throughput and billions of concurrent connections. The performance is more than 10 times that of Spirent or IXIA.
> Detailed statistics. Provides detailed statistics and find every packet loss.
> Support multiple scenarios.
>    1.Load testing for Layer 4 Load Balancer and other Layer 4 gateways.
>    2.Network performance testing for virtual servers on cloud.
>    3.Performance testing of network package processing capability for NIC and CPU.
>    4.Can be used as high performance HTTP server and/or client in stress test.
>
> We want dperf to appear in 'open source projects consuming dpdk' list at https://www.dpdk.org/ecosystem/. We don't want to host dperf on dpdk.org yet.
> Please tell me what I need to do.
>
> Thanks.
> Jianzhang Peng
>

> 在 2022/1/4 下午6:16,“Thomas Monjalon”<thomas@monjalon.net> 写入:
>
>     Hello and welcome,
>
>     25/12/2021 20:48, Peng,Jianzhang:
>     > dperf is a 10M HTTP CPS load tester.
>     >
>     > https://github.com/baidu/dperf
>
>     Nice project!
>
>     So you wish to host dperf on dpdk.org git server
>     and generate the documentation on dpdk.org?
>     Would you need also bugzilla, patchwork, mailing list?
>
>     The criterias to be hosted on dpdk.org are:
>       - compile and run on most DPDK supported environments
>       - no out-of-tree DPDK patches
>       - no copy of code from another project
>       - list dependencies
>       - have a license file or directory
>       - describe contribution process for patches and issues reporting
>
>     I see you are using an Apache licence.
>     DPDK prefers the BSD license. What do you think?

* Re: project hosting request
@ 2022-01-13 17:30       ` Jill Lovato
From: Jill Lovato @ 2022-01-13 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: Peng, Jianzhang, techboard, Ma,Hongwei(TechMgt), dpdk-web

Hi Folks,

dperf has been added to the list of projects consuming DPDK on the
ecosystems page, here: https://www.dpdk.org/ecosystem/

Thanks,
Jill

--
*Jill Lovato*
Senior PR Manager

* Re: project hosting request
@ 2022-01-13 17:34         ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2022-01-13 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jill Lovato; +Cc: Peng, Jianzhang, techboard, Ma, Hongwei(TechMgt), dpdk-web

13/01/2022 18:30, Jill Lovato:
> Hi Folks,
>
> dperf has been added to the list of projects consuming DPDK on the
> ecosystems page, here: https://www.dpdk.org/ecosystem/

Thank you for adding
	dperf – a DPDK based network load tester

As all projects are based on DPDK, I think we can make it simpler:
	dperf – network load tester

* Re: project hosting request
@ 2022-01-13 17:37           ` Jill Lovato
From: Jill Lovato @ 2022-01-13 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: Peng, Jianzhang, techboard, Ma,Hongwei(TechMgt), dpdk-web

Updated - thanks, Thomas.

--

@ 2022-01-14  1:29             ` Peng,Jianzhang
From: Peng,Jianzhang @ 2022-01-14  1:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jill Lovato, Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: techboard, Ma,Hongwei(TechMgt), dpdk-web

Thanks, all!

Jianzhang Peng

发件人: Jill Lovato <jlovato@linuxfoundation.org>
日期: 1月14日 星期五 上午1:38
收件人: Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net>
抄送: "Peng,Jianzhang" <pengjianzhang@baidu.com>, "techboard@dpdk.org" <techboard@dpdk.org>, "Ma,Hongwei(TechMgt)" <mahongwei01@baidu.com>, dpdk-web <web@dpdk.org>
主题: Re: project hosting request

Updated - thanks, Thomas.

On Thu, Jan 13, 2022 at 12:34 PM Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net<mailto:thomas@monjalon.net>> wrote:
13/01/2022 18:30, Jill Lovato:
> Hi Folks,
>
> dperf has been added to the list of projects consuming DPDK on the
> ecosystems page, here: https://www.dpdk.org/ecosystem/<https://mailshield.baidu.com/check?q=ZSoOaF9MPohyYhehffA7MaKLpXG%2baSeAb2a2rTYvwtZzmGTG>

Thank you for adding
        dperf – a DPDK based network load tester

As all projects are based on DPDK, I think we can make it simpler:
        dperf – network load tester

--
Jill Lovato
Senior PR Manager