DPDK website maintenance
* [dpdk-web] update of ecosystem page
@ 2020-11-09 11:18 Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2020-11-09 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jill Lovato
  Cc: tdelanerolle, web, konstantin.ananyev, Jianfeng Tan, irene.zhang,
	maxime.coquelin, orika, guyk

Hi,

I'm looking to update the ecosystem page:
	https://www.dpdk.org/ecosystem/

In the list of projects using DPDK,
- ANS got a website: http://www.ansyun.com/
- F-Stack is missing: http://www.f-stack.org/
- TLDK is missing: https://github.com/FDio/tldk/
Should we prefer TLDKv2? https://github.com/FDio/tldk/tree/dev-next-socket
- demikernel/catnip is missing: https://github.com/demikernel/demikernel/tree/master/src/rust/catnip

In the list of device classes, we are missing:
- Regular Expression Engine
- vHost Data Path Acceleration

Thanks

* Re: [dpdk-web] update of ecosystem page
@ 2020-11-10  2:54 ` 谈鉴锋
From: 谈鉴锋 @ 2020-11-10  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, Jill Lovato
  Cc: tdelanerolle, web, AnanyevKonstantin,
	谈鉴锋(浩也),
	irene.zhang, maxime.coquelin, orika, guyk,
	周介龙(卓腾)

+Jielong

As a developer and user of TLDK, glad to see this topic.

Recently, we have added more features into TLDK, like SACK, fixed 10+ bugs, and deployed TLDK into online applications.
From our side, we would continue to use and invest TLDK, and open source what we have in TLDK.

As you can see in our case, TLDK and DPDK can be used in cloud-native env, besides network-type application, like LB, DNS, etc.
It's a much larger deployment than the later sitting at the data center edge or telecom boxes.

In all, we'd like to see TLDK shown in this page, and more users can reference it. As for TLDK vs TLDKv2, now we
definitely use TLDKv2. Considering that TLDKv2 provides both l4p and socket interface, I personally think we can move on to TLDKv2.
Konstantin, what's your opinion?

Thanks,
Jianfeng

From:Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net>
Send Time:2020年11月9日(星期一) 19:19
To:Jill Lovato <jlovato@linuxfoundation.org>
Cc:tdelanerolle <tdelanerolle@linuxfoundation.org>; web <web@dpdk.org>; AnanyevKonstantin <konstantin.ananyev@intel.com>; 谈鉴锋(浩也) <henry.tjf@antfin.com>; irene.zhang <irene.zhang@microsoft.com>; maxime.coquelin <maxime.coquelin@redhat.com>; orika <orika@nvidia.com>; guyk <guyk@marvell.com>
Subject:update of ecosystem page

@ 2020-11-10  9:50   ` Ananyev, Konstantin
From: Ananyev, Konstantin @ 2020-11-10  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 谈鉴锋, Thomas Monjalon, Jill Lovato
  Cc: tdelanerolle, web, 谈鉴锋(浩也),
	irene.zhang, maxime.coquelin, orika, guyk,
	周介龙(卓腾)

Hi Jianfeng,

I am fine either way, one thing that concerns me with TLDKv2 link –
as I can see it is not synced with latest TLDK code (memtank lib is not there).
Do you plan to sync them up somehow?
Konstantin

From:Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net<mailto:thomas@monjalon.net>>
Send Time:2020年11月9日(星期一) 19:19
To:Jill Lovato <jlovato@linuxfoundation.org<mailto:jlovato@linuxfoundation.org>>
Cc:tdelanerolle <tdelanerolle@linuxfoundation.org<mailto:tdelanerolle@linuxfoundation.org>>; web <web@dpdk.org<mailto:web@dpdk.org>>; AnanyevKonstantin <konstantin.ananyev@intel.com<mailto:konstantin.ananyev@intel.com>>; 谈鉴锋(浩也) <henry.tjf@antfin.com<mailto:henry.tjf@antfin.com>>; irene.zhang <irene.zhang@microsoft.com<mailto:irene.zhang@microsoft.com>>; maxime.coquelin <maxime.coquelin@redhat.com<mailto:maxime.coquelin@redhat.com>>; orika <orika@nvidia.com<mailto:orika@nvidia.com>>; guyk <guyk@marvell.com<mailto:guyk@marvell.com>>

@ 2020-12-09 18:33     ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2020-12-09 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 谈鉴锋, Ananyev, Konstantin
  Cc: Jill Lovato, tdelanerolle, web,
	谈鉴锋(浩也),
	irene. zhang, maxime. coquelin, orika, guyk,
	周介龙(卓腾)

Any conclusion about TLDKv2?

I think we'll go with the general link to TLDK.
Anyway, TLDKv2 should be merged in the main branch when ready, right?

10/11/2020 10:50, Ananyev, Konstantin:

@ 2020-12-10  3:18       ` 谈鉴锋
From: 谈鉴锋 @ 2020-12-10  3:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon, AnanyevKonstantin
  Cc: Jill Lovato, tdelanerolle, web,
	谈鉴锋(浩也),
	irene. zhang, maxime. coquelin, orika, guyk,
	周介龙(卓腾)

> Any conclusion about TLDKv2?

Was trying to find some time to rebase, but failed to finish it so far.

> I think we'll go with the general link to TLDK.
> Anyway, TLDKv2 should be merged in the main branch when ready, right?

+1, we can move on with this.

Thanks,
Jianfeng

From:Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net>
Send Time:2020年12月10日(星期四) 02:34
To:谈鉴锋(浩也) <henry.tjf@antgroup.com>; AnanyevKonstantin <konstantin.ananyev@intel.com>
Cc:Jill Lovato <jlovato@linuxfoundation.org>; tdelanerolle <tdelanerolle@linuxfoundation.org>; web <web@dpdk.org>; 谈鉴锋(浩也) <henry.tjf@antfin.com>; irene. zhang <irene.zhang@microsoft.com>; maxime. coquelin <maxime.coquelin@redhat.com>; orika <orika@nvidia.com>; guyk <guyk@marvell.com>; 周介龙(卓腾) <jielong.zjl@antfin.com>

@ 2020-12-10  9:20         ` Ananyev, Konstantin
From: Ananyev, Konstantin @ 2020-12-10  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 谈鉴锋, Thomas Monjalon
  Cc: Jill Lovato, tdelanerolle, web,
	谈鉴锋(浩也),
	irene. zhang, maxime. coquelin, orika, guyk,
	周介龙(卓腾)

>> Any conclusion about TLDKv2?

>Was trying to find some time to rebase, but failed to finish it so far.

> I think we'll go with the general link to TLDK.
> Anyway, TLDKv2 should be merged in the main branch when ready, right?

>+1, we can move on with this.

Fine by me.
Another alternative – have both links on that page?

From:Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net<mailto:thomas@monjalon.net>>
Send Time:2020年12月10日(星期四) 02:34
To:谈鉴锋(浩也) <henry.tjf@antgroup.com<mailto:henry.tjf@antgroup.com>>; AnanyevKonstantin <konstantin.ananyev@intel.com<mailto:konstantin.ananyev@intel.com>>
Cc:Jill Lovato <jlovato@linuxfoundation.org<mailto:jlovato@linuxfoundation.org>>; tdelanerolle <tdelanerolle@linuxfoundation.org<mailto:tdelanerolle@linuxfoundation.org>>; web <web@dpdk.org<mailto:web@dpdk.org>>; 谈鉴锋(浩也) <henry.tjf@antfin.com<mailto:henry.tjf@antfin.com>>; irene. zhang <irene.zhang@microsoft.com<mailto:irene.zhang@microsoft.com>>; maxime. coquelin <maxime.coquelin@redhat.com<mailto:maxime.coquelin@redhat.com>>; orika <orika@nvidia.com<mailto:orika@nvidia.com>>; guyk <guyk@marvell.com<mailto:guyk@marvell.com>>; 周介龙(卓腾) <jielong.zjl@antfin.com<mailto:jielong.zjl@antfin.com>>