DPDK website maintenance
* [dpdk-web] Hosted project
@ 2019-12-02 12:14 Ferruh Yigit
From: Ferruh Yigit @ 2019-12-02 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trishan de Lanerolle, Thomas Monjalon
  Cc: dpdk-web, Jill Lovato, dpdk-techboard

Hi Trishan, Thomas,

What do you think documenting process of hosting a project under dpdk.org in the
hosted projects page [1] ?

I think it can be something like that:
"
Hosting a project under dpdk.org requires the Technical Board approval, please
send the project hosting requests to techboard@dpdk.org.
"

Not sure if we should list the required conditions (licensing, purpose,
maturity, etc...) for hosting a project, if so we should define them fist J,
cc'ed tech board for it.

Thanks,
ferruh

[1]
https://www.dpdk.org/hosted-projects/

* Re: [dpdk-web] Hosted project
@ 2019-12-02 13:01 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-12-02 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trishan de Lanerolle; +Cc: Ferruh Yigit, dpdk-web, Jill Lovato, dpdk-techboard

02/12/2019 13:14, Ferruh Yigit:
> Hi Trishan, Thomas,
>
> What do you think documenting process of hosting a project under dpdk.org in the
> hosted projects page [1] ?
>
> I think it can be something like that:
> "
> Hosting a project under dpdk.org requires the Technical Board approval, please
> send the project hosting requests to techboard@dpdk.org.
> "

I agree, it is required.

> Not sure if we should list the required conditions (licensing, purpose,
> maturity, etc...) for hosting a project, if so we should define them fist J,
> cc'ed tech board for it.

I think the code of all projects should comply with the same rules
as DPDK (BSD and/or GPL).
Trishan, do you confirm?

* Re: [dpdk-web] Hosted project
@ 2019-12-02 14:07   ` Trishan de Lanerolle
From: Trishan de Lanerolle @ 2019-12-02 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Monjalon; +Cc: Yigit, Ferruh, dpdk-web, Jill Lovato, dpdk-techboard

Yes. The licensing should be the same. If not, an exception from the board
is required.

It would be good to give clarification around what type of projects would
be hosted by us as DPDK. How do they tie back to DPDK and what value do
they bring, for instance.

Trishan

On Mon, Dec 2, 2019, 3:01 PM Thomas Monjalon <thomas@monjalon.net> wrote:

> 02/12/2019 13:14, Ferruh Yigit:
> > Hi Trishan, Thomas,
> >
> > What do you think documenting process of hosting a project under
> dpdk.org in the
> > hosted projects page [1] ?
> >
> > I think it can be something like that:
> > "
> > Hosting a project under dpdk.org requires the Technical Board approval,
> please
> > send the project hosting requests to techboard@dpdk.org.
> > "
>
> I agree, it is required.
>
> > Not sure if we should list the required conditions (licensing, purpose,
> > maturity, etc...) for hosting a project, if so we should define them
> fist J,
> > cc'ed tech board for it.
>
> I think the code of all projects should comply with the same rules
> as DPDK (BSD and/or GPL).
> Trishan, do you confirm?
>

> ,

* Re: [dpdk-web] Hosted project
@ 2019-12-19 20:37     ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-12-19 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Trishan de Lanerolle, Jill Lovato; +Cc: Yigit, Ferruh, dpdk-web

I think this web update request was forgot.

02/12/2019 15:07, Trishan de Lanerolle: