DPDK announcements
* [dpdk-announce] release candidate 19.05-rc1
@ 2019-04-05 22:55 Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-04-05 22:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: announce

A new DPDK release candidate is ready for testing:
	https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/tag/?id=v19.05-rc1

After one big and one short cycle releases, this one looks normal,
delivering -rc1, almost on time, with 678 patches.

The release notes so far:
	http://doc.dpdk.org/guides/rel_notes/release_19_05.html
Please think about updating the release notes when you add a feature.

Highlights of 19.05-rc1, grouped by category:
General:
	- helloworld on Windows
	- C11 memory ordering in spinlock, rwlock and new ticketlock
	- lock-free extendable bucket in hash library
	- stack library and lock-free stack mempool handler
	- DMA mapping for external memory
Networking:
	- min/max MTU info
	- iterators for multi-ports device
	- AF_XDP PMD
	- ice: vector instructions
	- ice: package download
	- i40e:  VXLAN-GPE
	- ixgbe: promiscuous mode on VF
	- ixgbe: loopback for X540/X550
	- mlx5: direct rule
	- mlx4: secondary process
	- failsafe: secondary process
Cryptography:
	- more algorithms in IPsec library
	- qat asymmetric crypto
Applications:
	- live testpmd statistics
	- optimized testpmd macswap mode for Arm
	- optimized testpmd txonly mode
	- multiple flows with testpmd txonly mode

Some features are expected in 19.05-rc2:
	- RCU library
	- timer management in multi-process
	- memif PMD
	- nfb PMD
	- ipn3ke PMD

We have one month to complete this release cycle.
19.05-rc2 is expected on 10th of April.

Thank you everyone

PS: some extra informations below

About the previous release 19.02.0, it has been decided to have
no maintenance release 19.02.1 because of a lack of interest.

Only one week remaining to propose a talk for China Summit:
	https://www.dpdk.org/event/dpdk-china-june-24th-2019

* Re: [dpdk-announce] release candidate 19.05-rc1
@ 2019-04-07  9:10 ` Thomas Monjalon
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2019-04-07  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: announce

06/04/2019 00:55, Thomas Monjalon:
> We have one month to complete this release cycle.
> 19.05-rc2 is expected on 10th of April.

Sorry, this date is wrong.
As stated in the release meeting minutes, the next release candidate,
DPDK 19.05-rc2 is expected on 17th of April:
	http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/dev/2019-April/129202.html

No panic, we have more than a week to prepare the next milestone :-)