* [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, September 5th
@ 2017-09-06 13:13 O'Driscoll, Tim
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2017-09-06 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
Cc: Trishan de Lanerolle, Bob Noseworthy, Shreyansh Jain, Mcnamara,
John, Shepard Siegel, Thomas Monjalon, Erez Scop, Xu, Qian Q,
SOW & Usage Agreement:
- Legal reviews by Mellanox and NXP are still in progress. Intel legal review is complete with no issues. LF legal review is complete and comments have been sent to Bob. Atomic Rules have reviewed and have no issues.
- Some milestone dates need to be updated (some dates have passed now).
- Agreed to modify the Intellectual Property section to add a note to clarify that the text means that any project deliverables will be released under an open source license determined by the project (assumed to be BSD 3-clause, but this could change if required).
- Bob will update based on comments so far and send a new version.
- We should aim to send any remaining comments to Bob by the middle of next week (Wednesday 13th).
- The current SOW runs until June next year. Expectation is that we'll want to extend beyond that and will extend on an annual basis. Bob will manage continuity of staffing. We'll should begin discussing the extension in ~March next year.
- Erez questioned whether the cost should be reduced if we start later. The original plan was to start at the beginning of September, so we're a little behind but not too much. The majority of the costs are to cover staff for the academic year, so there's no change if we start later than originally planned.
- Reviewed the dates and agreed that they're realistic.
- Agreed that we should use a consistent test framework and traffic generator. Qian is working on adding TRex support to DTS, which should be complete in ~1 month.
- NXP and Mellanox have tried DTS in the past but run into difficulties with it. They'll try again when the TRex changes are available.
- Test cases will vary per vendor, depending on what's applicable for their platform. The best test for determining DPDK performance regression is single core, but multi-core/multi-port tests will verify scaling.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-09-06 13:13 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2017-09-06 13:13 [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, September 5th O'Driscoll, Tim
DPDK CI discussions
This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:
git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git