* [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, September 25th
@ 2018-09-26 21:04 O'Driscoll, Tim
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: O'Driscoll, Tim @ 2018-09-26 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
Apply Errors in Dashboard:
- Jeremy has made a change to make the log visible.
- Causes of errors include build errors, genuine conflicts (e.g. KNI patches), patches which will apply on next-net but not on master.
- Docs directory is already excluded when applying patches, using the approach John suggested. Jeremy will check if there are any remaining documentation errors.
- To avoid sub-tree problem, we should be doing weekly merges of the sub-trees into master. This was already planned, but some issues have prevented it happening recently.
- Another approach to resolving the sub-tree problem is that if the apply fails, we merge the sub-trees into a new temporary master and try applying the patches again. Jeremy will look into this. Ferruh will provide any further info (which sub-trees to merge etc.) that's required.
Making Relative Performance Results Public:
- Before doing this, Erez asked for 1) comparison of patch performance versus the last GA release; 2) graphs of performance results.
- For 1), Jeremy will work on this. Pass/fail decision will still be made based on the comparison with master. The comparison to the last GA release will be added for reference.
- For 2), we agreed that graphs can be added later. We need to think about what specific data these should show and how they should be formatted.
- Erez will also check if any legal disclaimers are required by Mellanox.
- Ali will provide docs containing Mellanox config details.
- UNH and NXP are working on setting up NXP hardware.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-09-26 21:04 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2018-09-26 21:04 [dpdk-ci] Minutes of DPDK Lab Meeting, September 25th O'Driscoll, Tim
DPDK CI discussions
This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:
git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git
# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git