DPDK CI discussions
 help / color / Atom feed
* [dpdk-ci] Build failure with opensuse
@ 2020-03-02 14:22 David Marchand
  2020-03-02 14:37 ` David Marchand
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: David Marchand @ 2020-03-02 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdklab; +Cc: ci, Luca Boccassi

Looking at a series from Luca, I found build errors for opensuse:
http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/test-report/2020-February/118961.html

The splat is:

An uncaught exception was raised. We may already know about the issue.
If your patch is not run again after one business day, feel free to
contact us to let us know.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/dpdklab/dpdklab-ci/compile_with_podman.py", line 48, in <module>
    compile_dpdk.build()
  File "/opt/dpdklab/dpdklab-ci/compile_with_podman.py", line 35, in build
    self.image_build(image)
  File "/opt/dpdklab/dpdklab-ci/ci.py", line 202, in image_build
    cwd=script_dir + '/containers')
  File "/opt/dpdklab/dpdklab-ci/ci.py", line 180, in check_call
    subprocess.check_call(command, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 311, in check_call
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '('podman', 'build', '-t',
'opensuse-leap15/dpdk_compile', '-f',
'opensuse-leap15/dpdk_compile.Dockerfile', '.')' returned non-zero
exit status 1.

Is this being looked at?
Thanks.


-- 
David Marchand


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-ci] Build failure with opensuse
  2020-03-02 14:22 [dpdk-ci] Build failure with opensuse David Marchand
@ 2020-03-02 14:37 ` David Marchand
  2020-03-02 16:25   ` [dpdk-ci] [dpdklab] " Brandon Lo
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: David Marchand @ 2020-03-02 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdklab; +Cc: ci, Luca Boccassi

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 3:22 PM David Marchand <david.marchand@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Looking at a series from Luca, I found build errors for opensuse:
> http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/test-report/2020-February/118961.html
>
> The splat is:
>
> An uncaught exception was raised. We may already know about the issue.
> If your patch is not run again after one business day, feel free to
> contact us to let us know.
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/opt/dpdklab/dpdklab-ci/compile_with_podman.py", line 48, in <module>
>     compile_dpdk.build()
>   File "/opt/dpdklab/dpdklab-ci/compile_with_podman.py", line 35, in build
>     self.image_build(image)
>   File "/opt/dpdklab/dpdklab-ci/ci.py", line 202, in image_build
>     cwd=script_dir + '/containers')
>   File "/opt/dpdklab/dpdklab-ci/ci.py", line 180, in check_call
>     subprocess.check_call(command, **kwargs)
>   File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 311, in check_call
>     raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
> subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '('podman', 'build', '-t',
> 'opensuse-leap15/dpdk_compile', '-f',
> 'opensuse-leap15/dpdk_compile.Dockerfile', '.')' returned non-zero
> exit status 1.

And as a bonus, where can I find those scripts?
It would be easier to look into this kind of issue, or remove build
options that are dead, like CONFIG_RTE_EAL_ALLOW_INV_SOCKET_ID [1]
which is still set by this script.

Thanks.


1: https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=8e35792c5325f9fd2cb7cfab507aa23fc956ced7

-- 
David Marchand


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-ci] [dpdklab] Re: Build failure with opensuse
  2020-03-02 14:37 ` David Marchand
@ 2020-03-02 16:25   ` " Brandon Lo
  2020-03-02 18:13     ` Thomas Monjalon
  2020-03-03  9:00     ` David Marchand
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Brandon Lo @ 2020-03-02 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Marchand; +Cc: dpdklab, ci, Luca Boccassi

[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 2277 bytes --]

Hi David,

We have looked into the openSUSE compile errors.
The issue was discovered to be related to Podman and have been resolved;
we are now rerunning all tests that have been affected.
Please give it a moment to complete all tests.

As for the scripts used for starting the test, I have attached a zip that
contains scripts used to kick off the tests.
However, our team does still need to come up with a way to submit script
changes to the project.
Thanks

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 9:38 AM David Marchand <david.marchand@redhat.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 3:22 PM David Marchand <david.marchand@redhat.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Looking at a series from Luca, I found build errors for opensuse:
> > http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/test-report/2020-February/118961.html
> >
> > The splat is:
> >
> > An uncaught exception was raised. We may already know about the issue.
> > If your patch is not run again after one business day, feel free to
> > contact us to let us know.
> > Traceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/opt/dpdklab/dpdklab-ci/compile_with_podman.py", line 48, in
> <module>
> >     compile_dpdk.build()
> >   File "/opt/dpdklab/dpdklab-ci/compile_with_podman.py", line 35, in
> build
> >     self.image_build(image)
> >   File "/opt/dpdklab/dpdklab-ci/ci.py", line 202, in image_build
> >     cwd=script_dir + '/containers')
> >   File "/opt/dpdklab/dpdklab-ci/ci.py", line 180, in check_call
> >     subprocess.check_call(command, **kwargs)
> >   File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/subprocess.py", line 311, in check_call
> >     raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)
> > subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command '('podman', 'build', '-t',
> > 'opensuse-leap15/dpdk_compile', '-f',
> > 'opensuse-leap15/dpdk_compile.Dockerfile', '.')' returned non-zero
> > exit status 1.
>
> And as a bonus, where can I find those scripts?
> It would be easier to look into this kind of issue, or remove build
> options that are dead, like CONFIG_RTE_EAL_ALLOW_INV_SOCKET_ID [1]
> which is still set by this script.
>
> Thanks.
>
>
> 1:
> https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=8e35792c5325f9fd2cb7cfab507aa23fc956ced7
>
> --
> David Marchand
>
>

-- 

Brandon Lo

UNH InterOperability Laboratory

21 Madbury Rd, Suite 100, Durham, NH 03824

blo@iol.unh.edu

www.iol.unh.edu

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 4660 bytes --]

<div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr">Hi David,<div><br></div><div>We have looked into the openSUSE compile errors.</div><div>The issue was discovered to be related to Podman and have been resolved; we are now rerunning all tests that have been affected.</div><div>Please give it a moment to complete all tests.</div><div><br></div><div>As for the scripts used for starting the test, I have attached a zip that contains scripts used to kick off the tests.</div><div>However, our team does still need to come up with a way to submit script changes to the project.</div><div>Thanks</div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 9:38 AM David Marchand &lt;<a href="mailto:david.marchand@redhat.com" target="_blank">david.marchand@redhat.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 3:22 PM David Marchand &lt;<a href="mailto:david.marchand@redhat.com" target="_blank">david.marchand@redhat.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; Looking at a series from Luca, I found build errors for opensuse:<br>
&gt; <a href="http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/test-report/2020-February/118961.html" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">http://mails.dpdk.org/archives/test-report/2020-February/118961.html</a><br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; The splat is:<br>
&gt;<br>
&gt; An uncaught exception was raised. We may already know about the issue.<br>
&gt; If your patch is not run again after one business day, feel free to<br>
&gt; contact us to let us know.<br>
&gt; Traceback (most recent call last):<br>
&gt;   File &quot;/opt/dpdklab/dpdklab-ci/compile_with_podman.py&quot;, line 48, in &lt;module&gt;<br>
&gt;     compile_dpdk.build()<br>
&gt;   File &quot;/opt/dpdklab/dpdklab-ci/compile_with_podman.py&quot;, line 35, in build<br>
&gt;     self.image_build(image)<br>
&gt;   File &quot;/opt/dpdklab/dpdklab-ci/ci.py&quot;, line 202, in image_build<br>
&gt;     cwd=script_dir + &#39;/containers&#39;)<br>
&gt;   File &quot;/opt/dpdklab/dpdklab-ci/ci.py&quot;, line 180, in check_call<br>
&gt;     subprocess.check_call(command, **kwargs)<br>
&gt;   File &quot;/usr/lib64/python3.6/subprocess.py&quot;, line 311, in check_call<br>
&gt;     raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd)<br>
&gt; subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command &#39;(&#39;podman&#39;, &#39;build&#39;, &#39;-t&#39;,<br>
&gt; &#39;opensuse-leap15/dpdk_compile&#39;, &#39;-f&#39;,<br>
&gt; &#39;opensuse-leap15/dpdk_compile.Dockerfile&#39;, &#39;.&#39;)&#39; returned non-zero<br>
&gt; exit status 1.<br>
<br>
And as a bonus, where can I find those scripts?<br>
It would be easier to look into this kind of issue, or remove build<br>
options that are dead, like CONFIG_RTE_EAL_ALLOW_INV_SOCKET_ID [1]<br>
which is still set by this script.<br>
<br>
Thanks.<br>
<br>
<br>
1: <a href="https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=8e35792c5325f9fd2cb7cfab507aa23fc956ced7" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://git.dpdk.org/dpdk/commit/?id=8e35792c5325f9fd2cb7cfab507aa23fc956ced7</a><br>
<br>
-- <br>
David Marchand<br>
<br>
</blockquote></div><br clear="all"><div><br></div>-- <br><div dir="ltr"><div dir="ltr"><div><div dir="ltr"><span><p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.2;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt"><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">Brandon Lo</span></p><p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.2;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt"><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">UNH InterOperability Laboratory</span></p><p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.2;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt"><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(0,0,0);background-color:transparent;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap">21 Madbury Rd, Suite 100, Durham, NH 03824</span></p><p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.2;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt"><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(17,85,204);background-color:transparent;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap"><a href="mailto:blo@iol.unh.edu" target="_blank">blo@iol.unh.edu</a></span></p><p dir="ltr" style="line-height:1.2;margin-top:0pt;margin-bottom:0pt"><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:Arial;color:rgb(17,85,204);background-color:transparent;vertical-align:baseline;white-space:pre-wrap"><a href="http://www.iol.unh.edu/" target="_blank">www.iol.unh.edu</a></span></p></span></div></div></div></div>
</div>

[-- Attachment #2: dpdklab_scripts.zip --]
[-- Type: application/zip, Size: 25454 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-ci] [dpdklab] Re: Build failure with opensuse
  2020-03-02 16:25   ` [dpdk-ci] [dpdklab] " Brandon Lo
@ 2020-03-02 18:13     ` Thomas Monjalon
  2020-03-03  9:00     ` David Marchand
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Thomas Monjalon @ 2020-03-02 18:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dpdklab; +Cc: David Marchand, ci, Luca Boccassi, Brandon Lo, Aaron Conole

02/03/2020 17:25, Brandon Lo:
> As for the scripts used for starting the test, I have attached a zip that
> contains scripts used to kick off the tests.
> However, our team does still need to come up with a way to submit script
> changes to the project.

I think there are steps before allowing script changes from the community:

1/ publish the code
2/ correlate the results with the published scripts
3/ split setup-specifics and re-usable scripts
4/ use or improve scripts from dpdk-ci.git
5/ submit re-usable simple scripts to dpdk-ci for review & merge

If there is a consensus on above priorities,
we can add them to the bugzilla.



^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* Re: [dpdk-ci] [dpdklab] Re: Build failure with opensuse
  2020-03-02 16:25   ` [dpdk-ci] [dpdklab] " Brandon Lo
  2020-03-02 18:13     ` Thomas Monjalon
@ 2020-03-03  9:00     ` David Marchand
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: David Marchand @ 2020-03-03  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brandon Lo; +Cc: dpdklab, ci, Luca Boccassi

On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 5:26 PM Brandon Lo <blo@iol.unh.edu> wrote:
> We have looked into the openSUSE compile errors.
> The issue was discovered to be related to Podman and have been resolved; we are now rerunning all tests that have been affected.
> Please give it a moment to complete all tests.

Thanks, looks good now.
I should have created a bz to track this.

Will do for what I can find in the reports atm.


-- 
David Marchand


^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, back to index

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2020-03-02 14:22 [dpdk-ci] Build failure with opensuse David Marchand
2020-03-02 14:37 ` David Marchand
2020-03-02 16:25   ` [dpdk-ci] [dpdklab] " Brandon Lo
2020-03-02 18:13     ` Thomas Monjalon
2020-03-03  9:00     ` David Marchand

DPDK CI discussions

Archives are clonable:
	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
		ci@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index ci


Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.ci


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/ public-inbox