DPDK CI discussions
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [dpdk-ci] March 11, 2021 Community CI Meeting Minutes
@ 2021-03-11 21:09 Lincoln Lavoie
  0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Lincoln Lavoie @ 2021-03-11 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ci

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 5016 bytes --]

##########################################################
Attendees

1. Lincoln Lavoie
2. Brandon Lo
3. David Liu
4. Owen Hilyard
5. Trishan de Lanerolle
6. Aaron Conole
7. Juraj Linkeš
8. Lijuan Tu
9. Michael Santana
10. Tomasz Zawadzki

##########################################################
Agenda

1. Performance Testing Metrics
2. ARM Cross-compile Request
3. CI Status
4. Bugzilla Status
5. Test Development
6. Any other business

##########################################################
Minutes

==========================================================
Performance Testing Metrics

* DTS Patch to convert to percentage  is available
https://patchwork.dpdk.org/project/dts/patch/20210311104800.243752-1-lijuan.tu@intel.com/
* Also add multiple measurement points during the run, to create an average
of the tests.
* Request to have UNH-IOL Community Lab try running the patch, will report
back to the submitted patch.
* Once merged, we’ll provide a plan for the migration / deployment of this
change to the lab (assuming next CI meeting).  The plan will also address
how we can handle legacy data, etc.

==========================================================
ARM Cross-compile Request

* Request to look into adding a cross compile test for aarch64 (x86_64 -->
aarch64).  This would replicate what we have in Travis (GCC & Clang). Juraj
Linkeš will provide a Docker file and bash script to handle the compile.
Being tracked as BUG-660.
* Request for testing aarch64 SVE instructions in an emulated environment
(unit tests for LPM library), hardware is not yet available.  Testing of
PMDs using SVE instructions would be for further work / study.  Will
continue the discussions via the email thread for how this could be setup.

==========================================================
CI Status

----------------------------------------------------------
UNH-IOL Community Lab

* Compile testing has been deployed for Fedora 32, RHEL7 and RHEL8
** Unit testing is the next step for containerization
* BUG-638 - Deploy c-cache to compile jobs - Deployed on all bare-metal
systems, deployed to new containers (Fedora 32, RHEL7, and RHEL8).  All
other unit/compile tests will be moving to this container infrastructure.
* BUG-408 - Add Arm hardware to the lab for general testing - Broadcom is
working to upgrade the firmware on the NICs in the ARM system as a possible
solution to the issues seen with running the DTS tests suites.
* BUG-651 - Update the meson version to 0.57.0 for Windows used in CI
pipeline - Upgraded meson is now installed (0.57.1).
** Need to investigate the currently installed custom meson
* With upgraded deployment of DTS (percentage change), we would like to
standardize the DTS setup on the bare-metal systems (i.e. file / install
locations, etc.).  Previously, these are more “akin” to the individual
vendor preferences. UNH-IOL will follow up with each of the bare-metal
maintainers to discuss these changes.

----------------------------------------------------------
Intel Community Lab

* Setup testing for DTS patches, need to understand how to send these
results to patchworks. Aaron Conole will send a message to Ali Alnubani for
how to deal with differentiating the reporting for the test results.  This
may be a function of the patch ID, which should be unique across the whole
patchworks instance.

----------------------------------------------------------
Travis CI / Github Actions / OBS

* Some trouble with patchwork upgrade, something in the APIs changed,
required some fixes on the reporting, which should now be fixed / showing
up correctly.
* Aaron has started working on the OBS integration scripts.  Includes a
mechanism to expire the builds when the branches are done.  Should be
deployed in the next 2 to 3 weeks (i.e. results will start showing up).
* Travis pipeline was reporting failures during linking for some of the
builds.  Patch was submitted, but isn’t yet merged.

==========================================================
Bugzilla Status

*
https://bugs.dpdk.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=CONFIRMED&bug_status=IN_PROGRESS&columnlist=product%2Ccomponent%2Cpriority%2Cbug_status%2Cassigned_to%2Cshort_desc%2Cchangeddate&component=job%20scripts&component=UNH%20infra&component=Intel%20Lab&component=Travis%20CI&list_id=3419&order=priority%2Cchangeddate%20DESC&product=lab&query_format=advanced&resolution=---

==========================================================
Test Development

* For the next meeting, we’ll review the Q1 / Q2 priorities from the SOW
objectives.

==========================================================
Any other business

* Next Meeting March 25, 2021

-- 
*Lincoln Lavoie*
Principal Engineer, Broadband Technologies
21 Madbury Rd., Ste. 100, Durham, NH 03824
lylavoie@iol.unh.edu
https://www.iol.unh.edu
+1-603-674-2755 (m)
<https://www.iol.unh.edu>

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/html, Size: 6529 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] only message in thread

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-03-11 21:12 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-03-11 21:09 [dpdk-ci] March 11, 2021 Community CI Meeting Minutes Lincoln Lavoie

DPDK CI discussions

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
		ci@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index ci

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.ci


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git