DPDK CI discussions
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* Community CI Meeting Minutes - January 6, 2022
@ 2022-01-06 16:46 Lincoln Lavoie
  0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Lincoln Lavoie @ 2022-01-06 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ci

January 6, 2022

#####################################################################
Attendees

1. Lincoln Lavoie
2. Owen Hilyard
3. Brandon Lo
4. Henry Nadeau
5. Aaron Conole
6. Ali Alnubani
7. Michael Santana
8. Lijuan Tu

#####################################################################
Agenda

1. General Announcements
2. CI Status
3. Test Development
4. Any other business

#####################################################################
Minutes

=====================================================================
General Announcements

* Happy New Year!

=====================================================================
CI Status

---------------------------------------------------------------------
UNH-IOL Community Lab

* Results log archives.  Currently, logs and artifacts are kept
indefinitely, with these maintained / stored within Jenkins.  This
drastically increases the Jenkins startup and migration times (i.e. when it
migrates records during an upgrade).  What is the minimum time to store
these artifacts, 8 months has been suggested (approximately 2 releases)?
   * Need to post this question to the tech board, Aaron will add this to
the next meeting agenda (1/13/2022).
* 2021 Retrospective: DPDK Community Lab 2021 Retro
* 2022 Planning: DPDK 2022 Work Planning
* ABI tests are now enabled in production
   * Currently testing against v21.11.
* FIPS
   * Need to plan out the deprecation of non-JSON test vectors from FIPS
for the example application.
   * Currently able to process and output the correct result for AES-GCM
tests from a NIST test session’s request file.
   * More work needs to be done to finish converting different algorithms
to match the new JSON specification.
* Virtio
   * Working on creating a replicable way to create the VMs
   * Scripted creation currently using libguestfs (https://libguestfs.org/),
where this would be contributed up to and maintained as part of DTS.
   * Have working VMs (Ubuntu 20.04, checking some failed tests and crypto
devices), still working on Fedora family OS.
   * Next, work to turn on these tests on in the lab.
* Static Analysis
   * All static analysis can now run automatically
   * Produces ~8000 issues
   * Unable to show only issues for a particular patch due to limitations
of Jenkins
      * Jenkins expects a Pull Request development model
      * Requested help from the github actions team in getting patches into
a Gitlab instance, which would enable this functionality.
   * Could we leverage the github robot tests
      * Robot pulls all patches, clones a repo, and then applies all
patches to that repo and pushes that to the github (as a new branch).
Github Actions is configured to run per commit on a branch.  Robot then
polls for the Github action output.
      * Going to have an offline discussion with Aaron about the OVS robot.
* Spell Check
   * Patch has been submitted to patchworks any suggestions/changes are
welcome. If there are any concerns with the patch please feel free to leave
comments on patchworks. The flags are mainly used for CI but some may find
them helpful for their use case.
   * The script outputs to console the list of potential errors it found,
as well as an error count for the file.
   * Any false flags should be added to the dictionary and submitted with
the patch as our CI will report the false flags back if not.
   * The regex file currently isn’t in use, but should help anyone remove
any errors that can’t be resolved through a dictionary entry.
   *
http://patchwork.dpdk.org/project/dpdk/patch/20211201165954.16153-1-hnadeau@iol.unh.edu/
* Issue Tracking
   * SPDK is still disabled, tracking here:
https://bugs.dpdk.org/show_bug.cgi?id=876
   * Mellanox 25G and 40G NICs are disabled for performance testing,
tracking here: https://bugs.dpdk.org/show_bug.cgi?id=844
* SonarCloud Analysis
   * https://sonarcloud.io/summary/overall?id=DPDK_Official
   * Reporting up as of yesterday, will run 3 times a week (M, W, F) and
reports are all based on the main branch
   * Information under overall code (new code isn’t supported for our use)
   * Still working on the reporting process (i.e. emails to patchwork /
devs).
   * May also be able to leverage the git-repo-branch work discussed above
for the static analysis.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel Lab

* CI Upgrades are still in process, had some internal failures last week,
so about 1 week delayed in coming back online (aiming to be back online
next week, January 10).

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Github Actions / OBS

* Working with a group inside Intel on OVS testing for AVX512 (with DPDK).
* No progress on the non-Ubuntu containers within Github actions.
* OBS scripts are still pending the final polish and push to production.
* Aaron reached out to ARM folks about the Github integration (github
actions runner).

=====================================================================
Test Development

* DTS Group met yesterday, will be meeting each Wednesday, 9am Eastern USA
time.
   *
https://armltd.zoom.us/j/97503259680?pwd=VVlmWnlnTXJkVGkwR2JOU3R3b3Vndz09&from=addon#success
* Group is working through documentation for committer guidelines, etc.
Goal to get this out to the community for wider review after next week’s
meeting.
   *
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1G7_AEA-4MAd88bxjfP-IOcIy_6mnrMz3HCsUI8e-NN4/edit

=====================================================================
Any other business

* Next Meeting: January 20, 2022

-- 
*Lincoln Lavoie*
Principal Engineer, Broadband Technologies
21 Madbury Rd., Ste. 100, Durham, NH 03824
lylavoie@iol.unh.edu
https://www.iol.unh.edu
+1-603-674-2755 (m)
<https://www.iol.unh.edu>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] only message in thread

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-01-06 16:47 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2022-01-06 16:46 Community CI Meeting Minutes - January 6, 2022 Lincoln Lavoie

DPDK CI discussions

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
		ci@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index ci

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.ci


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git