DPDK CI discussions
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* Community CI Meeting Minutes November 18, 2021
@ 2021-11-18 15:24 Lincoln Lavoie
  2021-12-01 13:03 ` Ali Alnubani
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 2+ messages in thread
From: Lincoln Lavoie @ 2021-11-18 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ci

DPDK Community CI Meeting Minutes

Nov 18, 2021

#####################################################################
Attendees

1. Lincoln Lavoie
2. Lijuan Tu
3. Thomas Monjalon
4. Aaron Conole
5. Juraj Linkeš
6. Ashley Weltz
7. Michael Santana
8. Ali Alnubani
9. Brandon Lo

#####################################################################
Agenda

1. General Announcements
2. CI Status
3. Test Development
4. Any other business

#####################################################################
Minutes

=====================================================================
General Announcements

* Nothing specific to CI this week.

=====================================================================
CI Status

---------------------------------------------------------------------
UNH-IOL Community Lab

* Notifications have been enabled from the lab to the DPDK CI list.  This
will occur if hosts, VMs, or services fail within the lab.  Limit is one
notification per object per 24 hours (internally we get notified every hour
24 hours a day).
* Spell check test was disabled per request, techboard requested to change
to testing patch content only (not all documentation).  Working to update
the tooling.  Plan is still to submit this tooling as part of dpdk/devtools
so a patch submitter could add dictionary words and exceptions, asked for
this to go in a V3 to the existing patch.
* Working on aarch64 clang compile and unit testing jobs (runs natively on
aarch64 hardware).  In progress, pipelines are being tested.
* Added clang cross-compile x86_65 -> aarch64, now in production
* Will be adding gcc cross-compile x86_64 -> aarch32, selected for
development.
* SPDK testing is still disabled, while SPDK “catches up” to DPDK changes
(BUG-876).
* Brandon is also still working on FIPS, the maintainers confirmed the
“new” NIST vectors are not compatible with the sample application and they
have just been “reusing” older vectors you can no longer get from NIST
(i.e. email / purchase process).  Investigating adding a CLI flag to load
the new vector format to not break their existing testing.
* Post 21.11 release, we would like to plan downtime to upgrade Jenkins,
this is the follow up to the failed update in September.
* 2022 planning is getting started, if there are tests the community would
like to see put onto the work plan for 2022, now is the time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel Lab

* Planning downtime for after 21.11 release for lab migration.
* Rerun requests: What is the maximum query rate allowed by patchwork?  The
overall issue is supporting a common mechanism across the different test
infrastructures.  Ali will double check if events could be possible in
patchworks.  Otherwise, we could create a micro-service to do the polling
solution, and that service generates the events.  Could also put a “script
/ bot” between the mailman and patchworks.
* Some “old” patches on patchworks still listed as “new” on patchworks?  CI
systems need to ignore these.  If a lab is “offline” for a time, the “catch
up” needs to account for the date the lab went off-line.  Lab polling
scripts can keep track of the time-stamp they last polled for patches, to
pick up where they left off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Github Actions & OBS

* Not much on the OBS side.
* Posted a patch series for Fedora 35, not quite ready for production, need
to check some issues with pull images from docker, etc.  Not ETA for this
yet.  Issues are within Github actions, and not within the control of the
project.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Arm Lab

* Arm was looking into how they could provide compute resources towards
Github actions, but no more information is available.  Need some additional
information from arm on email and design choices for the proposed updates
to the Github yaml.

=====================================================================
Test Development

* DTS improvements group is starting work on the plan to adjust and remove
places where DTS modifies dpdk code.  There are likely to be some patches
for DPDK to “add” requirements for these items.
   * Will also need to plan for how this will impact LTS testing (i.e.
older DPDK code wouldn’t have these changes).
* Some core changes to the framework and will need detailed community
review on those changes to use the dpdk log output to help construct the
reports.  Might be ready next week.
* Next DTS meeting December 1, 2021, 9am EST

=====================================================================
Any other business

* Next Meeting: December 2, 2021


-- 
*Lincoln Lavoie*
Principal Engineer, Broadband Technologies
21 Madbury Rd., Ste. 100, Durham, NH 03824
lylavoie@iol.unh.edu
https://www.iol.unh.edu
+1-603-674-2755 (m)
<https://www.iol.unh.edu>

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 2+ messages in thread

* RE: Community CI Meeting Minutes November 18, 2021
  2021-11-18 15:24 Community CI Meeting Minutes November 18, 2021 Lincoln Lavoie
@ 2021-12-01 13:03 ` Ali Alnubani
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 2+ messages in thread
From: Ali Alnubani @ 2021-12-01 13:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lincoln Lavoie, ci

Hello,
Sorry for the delayed update,

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Lincoln Lavoie <lylavoie@iol.unh.edu>
> Sent: Thursday, November 18, 2021 5:25 PM
> To: ci@dpdk.org
> Subject: Community CI Meeting Minutes November 18, 2021
> 
> DPDK Community CI Meeting Minutes
> 
> Nov 18, 2021
> 
[..]
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> Intel Lab
> 
> * Planning downtime for after 21.11 release for lab migration.
> * Rerun requests: What is the maximum query rate allowed by patchwork?
> The
> overall issue is supporting a common mechanism across the different test
> infrastructures.  Ali will double check if events could be possible in
> patchworks.  Otherwise, we could create a micro-service to do the polling
> solution, and that service generates the events.  Could also put a "script
> / bot" between the mailman and patchworks.

I still believe that modifying Patchwork's events API will require changing Patchwork's Django models, which is going to break future Patchwork upgrades if these changes aren't in upstream first.
Implementing a microservice with HTTP push API (webhook) to callback publicly accessible URLs in the labs might be the best solution and won't have to live in the Patchwork server, it could be in any other lab.
It could callback existing apps/services in the different labs that currently monitor patch state changes using events polling. It can also parse mailing list posts to look for comments that trigger retesting. For the second part, if you don't want to crawl the mailing list archives, a receiving postfix mail server can be configured to deliver mailing list posts to an external command using a pipe postfix service. The external command in this case would be a script that parses the incoming emails.

Please reach out if there is anything I can help with.

Thanks,
Ali

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 2+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-12-01 13:03 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 2+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-11-18 15:24 Community CI Meeting Minutes November 18, 2021 Lincoln Lavoie
2021-12-01 13:03 ` Ali Alnubani

DPDK CI discussions

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci/0 ci/git/0.git

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V2 ci ci/ http://inbox.dpdk.org/ci \
		ci@dpdk.org
	public-inbox-index ci

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.dpdk.org/inbox.dpdk.ci


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git