* AF_XDP performance
@ 2023-05-24 12:32 Alireza Sanaee
From: Alireza Sanaee @ 2023-05-24 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dev

Hi everyone,

I was looking at this deck of slides
https://www.dpdk.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/35/2020/11/XDP_ZC_PMD-1.pdf

I tried to reproduce the results with the testpmd application. I am
working with BlueField 2 NIC and I could sustain ~10Mpps with testpmd
with AF_XDP, and about 20Mpps without AF_XDP on the RX drop experiment.
I was wondering why AF_XDP so lower compared to PCI-e scenario given the
fact that both cases are zero-cpy. Is it because of the frame size?

Thanks,
Ali